Tower APP Help

Reaction score
When I try to arm tower it blinks and says "sorry tower has stopped" Any ideas will be appreciated.

Mine also just started doing exactly as you described. I don't know what it could be. I restarted the tablet and re-downloaded the app. Nothing has worked.

Reactions: Wacky roger
Mine also just started doing exactly as you described. I don't know what it could be. I restarted the tablet and re-downloaded the app. Nothing has worked.

Tower chat told me to uninstall and then reinstall Tower & 3dr Services so I did that and it is still doing the exact same thing. The tech at 3dr then told me to go to Build software better, together so I put a post up there about this problem and no answers yet. You might try the same thing cuz if more than one person has this problem they might be more inclined to fix it.

Tower chat told me to uninstall and then reinstall Tower & 3dr Services so I did that and it is still doing the exact same thing. The tech at 3dr then told me to go to Build software better, together so I put a post up there about this problem and no answers yet. You might try the same thing cuz if more than one person has this problem they might be more inclined to fix it.

I think the problem started after my tablet upgaded to 6.0.1

Mines still on 4.4.2. So I'm not sure if that is related?

Roger- You probably mean 1.6.0 3dr Services - and I think that version may be buggy as I was taking GP photos with 1.5.3 and Android App 2.3 and now I can't.

Have you tried Tower Beta? That worked fine with 2.3 and since your system may already be tanked with 1.6.0, you may as well try Tower Beta from the Play store. At times, I have found Betaware working better than final releases.

ETA: Added link
Tower Beta - Android Apps on Google Play

Here is the official place to read about and file bug reports for Tower: Issues · DroidPlanner/Tower · GitHub

Please check first to see if the issue is already reported before making a new one. If you file a bug report, be sure to give as much info as you can, including the device you are using, android version, 3dr services version, etc.

Here is the official place to read about and file bug reports for Tower: Issues · DroidPlanner/Tower · GitHub

Tower Will not arm. #1785

Please check first to see if the issue is already reported before making a new one. If you file a bug report, be sure to give as much info as you can, including the device you are using, android version, 3dr services version, etc.

Hi Steve, here is what I posted.
Everything is normal until It is time to hit "arm" and then I swipe the arrow to the right, at this time I get the words: sorry tower has stopped.
I am using:

Galaxy Tab A
Android Version 6.0.1
3DR Services v1.6.0 beta 2
Tower v3.2.1

If I forgot something PLEASE tell me.

I'm having the same problem. Just got my solo and have yet to be able to use the tower app. Also when I go to look at the parameters it will go up to 9%then start jumping around below 9%. I also noticed that all of the flight modes are set to loiter.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just received this. I have not tested it yet but will test it this morning.

ne0fhyk commented 7 hours ago
@rogerhogan @franknitty69 The issue was caused because 3DR pushed a buggy version of 3DR Services (v1.6+).

It should go away if you revert to version 1.5.3 which can be found at https://github.com/dronekit/droneki...v1.5.3.4/3dr-services-prod-release.105304.apk

We're working to remove the dependency between Tower and 3DR Services to prevent such issues in the future.

Tower Will not arm. · Issue #1785 · DroidPlanner/Tower · GitHub

Thank you all very much for the help.

Reactions: Gomer911
A couple of days ago I suggested that 1.6.0 was buggy, but that suggestion was based on observed anomalies - like the inability to take photos from my GPH4B from within the Solo Beta App, and Tower Beta crashing after the 1.6.0 update. That photo problem was fixed with a Beta App and FW update (-6). On my Galaxy S5 phone, Tower would crash with 3DR Services 1.5.3, but Tower Beta would run fine. After install of 3DR Services 1.6.0, Tower AND Tower Beta crashed.

Couldn't wait to foul things up even more so just reverted to 1.5.3 (by uninstalling 1.6.0, first) and Tower still crashes on my S5 phone, but Tower Beta runs just fine - though I didn't actually fly with the Tower Beta.

Now... 3DR Services 1.6.0 allegedly added support for Pano, Zipline, etc, so I don't know how reversion to 1.5.3 will affect those.

So far, I haven't reverted back to 1.5.3 on my Galaxy tablet, which was also crashing Tower with the new 1.6.0. I think I'll wait for a couple of field reports. As I said in another post, I am definitely a 'fools rush in' kind of person, but my head is about to explode, keeping track of all these SW, FW versions and their interaction. (Where is @jibcamera when we need him? :confused:)

dont worry @SARDG , im here, I am only allowed to comment when spoken to as per @PdxSteve s instruction...still waiting for those corksurkers at 3dr to give me my 2.485703e0859736507340948763094c nkhv;ksjdfjk.dgvv/lasnrv,db/,.djb/askdjsld/fb

also, i still havent used a smart shot...im good at flying and framing coming from the jib world

Last edited:
I did as instructed and every is back to working again. Thank You , Thank You for the help.

Reactions: PdxSteve
tower and solo will be moving away from 3dr services shortly, so this will be a moot point in a few months. there's already a dronekit-android branch with this dependency removed and it is working great.

alas, i don't know how long it will take 3dr to remove the dependencies from the android solo app (ios doesn't have a 3dr services dependency).

Reactions: jibcamera
I just received this. I have not tested it yet but will test it this morning.

ne0fhyk commented 7 hours ago
@rogerhogan @franknitty69 The issue was caused because 3DR pushed a buggy version of 3DR Services (v1.6+).

It should go away if you revert to version 1.5.3 which can be found at https://github.com/dronekit/droneki...v1.5.3.4/3dr-services-prod-release.105304.apk

We're working to remove the dependency between Tower and 3DR Services to prevent such issues in the future.

Tower Will not arm. · Issue #1785 · DroidPlanner/Tower · GitHub

Thank you all very much for the help.
Reverting back solved my force close issue. Thanks man! Just flew my first autonomous mission, it was scary as hell and thrilling at the same time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tower and solo will be moving away from 3dr services shortly, so this will be a moot point in a few months. there's already a dronekit-android branch with this dependency removed and it is working great.

alas, i don't know how long it will take 3dr to remove the dependencies from the android solo app (ios doesn't have a 3dr services dependency).
Tower will move away from 3DR services? This would be news to me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea