Tower and mapping

Reaction score
If I have to map a large farm with Solo( more than I can fly with one battery) do I have to set it up as several missions or would Solo know where it stopped when the battery was low and pick up where it left off after changing the battery

I believe you would need separate missions. If you stopped and restarted it would start at waypoint 1. You could create the entire mission, stop and swap batteries then delete the waypoints you have flown.

When you create a mission in Tower, it will give you the estimated flight time for that mission. You would just need to set up a mission within the reach of solo's battery, save it and create another one and so on until your area was covered. When you downloaded the images, you could then put them in a single directory for processing as a single map if you wanted.

I set up one mission, let it finish the flight lines it can on the battery and then RTH at the end of a line. Then change battery and delete the flight lines(way points) in tower that were completed and upload the remaining mission and carry on until it's done.

Here is a great example of mapping with Solo and 3D surface model..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Richard Nawara

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle