Total N00b, Total Tech Geek!

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure you're going to see a lot of people like me soon considering how cheap the Solo has gotten lately. I got mine for $350 with spare props, spare battery, gimbal and backpack from Best Buy. I already had a Hero 3+ but ended up catching the Hero 4 Black for $250. I even bought two more batteries since they were 2 for $100.

After a dozen flights or so, I have to say I'm quite impressed. I'm not sure what all the negativity about the unit is. Of course, I'm not trying to push the limits of its performance or anything. I keep it within 1000' and under 200' high. I actually looked at the Mavic, even put money on it, but decided to stick with the Solo.

So I'll be scouring the forum for tips and advice. Try and take it easy on me!

Welcome to the forum, Lon. Not to worry. We were all newbies at one time. The people on here are great at helping, and at pointing you in the right direction. I think all will agree, the best thing to do right off, is to download the Solo users manual, and study it well. Also, the search function on the forum is a wealth of information from past posts. Again, welcome aboard, and fly safe.

Thanks everyone! I already have hours of video but struggling with editing. Once I clean that up, I'll post.

Last edited:
What are you using to edit? I use Premier Pro, but I have a Adobe cloud subscription because of my job.

There are lots of free video editing tools out there.

Welcome to the forum, Lon. Not to worry. We were all newbies at one time. The people on here are great at helping, and at pointing you in the right direction. I think all will agree, the best thing to do right off, is to download the Solo users manual, and study it well. Also, the search function on the forum is a wealth of information from past posts. Again, welcome aboard, and fly safe.
What does the user manual look like? Because all I got was a pamphlet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea