Tooling Around Plantation Florida Office Park 5 8 17

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Inquiring minds want to know: what kind of distance from the controller were you getting? Antennas you're using? Editing program? Other mods?

Inquiring minds want to know: what kind of distance from the controller were you getting? Antennas you're using? Editing program? Other mods?
At this spot, I was getting about 3,200 ft before RTH. I like this area because there is a good line of sight from the launch point in most directions. I use the Alfa 7dbi RP-SMA antennas. No other mods for distance. That was a pretty good distance run because there is a lot of WIFI interference in that area. Many homes and businesses.
Last Friday, I drove up to the Ocala National Forest. I did a range test from Wildcat Lake with stock antennas. Made it all the way out to 5,700 ft before I started to get a battery remainign warning, so I came back. Could have gone a bit further. There is no interference there at all.
For video editing, I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 15. Cheapest software I could find that renders 4k video. For that video, I set the camera to 2.7k, 60 fps, medium view.
I may end up trying some of the proposed mods to the gimbal to limit vibration. Moongel, Permatek gasket maker, and foam earplugs are some of the materials I have seen used. I see some vibration on the videos I take.

Good info. Someday I'm going to find a very remote area and do a distance run. 3200 feet is great given, as you said, all the RFI likely in that area. I have the Alpha's as well, moderately pleased with the added signal strength at distance, but again, all city area flying so not really a fair assessment. I need to check out Cyberlink, thanks for the tip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc