Took a dive on my second flight

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A greeting here from the sunny Florida Keys where I'm currently on vacation.

On my just second flight I wanted to have some footage of my wife, who of course got scared of the Solo. Wanting to be a nice husband I wanted to pull back the Solo quickly, but with my rookie skill set I of course pulled the wrong handle.

The Solo luckily turned into return home mode, seems to have been triggered by the antennas going underwater and the Solo therefore losing connection with the controller. Lucky me!

Unfortunately I ended up killing the GoPro, the gimbal, a motor pod and the Polarpro LED lights got ruined.

Anyhow, from the stupid/unlucky rookie, hi!

Managed to get one shot before my crash:

image.jpeg

Great shot! Maybe some more practice over land is in order?
For sure... Took it for easier than it is! Had it all figured out over land when I was taking it easy, but obviously my instincts are not up there yet..

Good advice from Acroduster, down here in Southern FL it's hard not to find water at any given time.
Take a deep breath, repair your kit and learn from your mistakes.
You'll be a better pilot.

Yeah, I live in Switzerland and there is plenty of open spaces without water.

Currently down on the Keys and the only near open places which are not covered by people, trees or are state parks are basically beaches with water..

Will fix it and try out on Miami Beach next week after I have a hopefully fully assembled functional Solo.. It was just itching to get started already here :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela