Timelapse mode with Hero 4 Silver?

Reaction score
I do some building roofs inspections with Solo. How can I set it up so get good timelapse photos? I tried to find settings on the camera but could not. What I need is pictures taken every 5 seconds or so.

Thanks guys.

I do some building roofs inspections with Solo. How can I set it up so get good timelapse photos? I tried to find settings on the camera but could not. What I need is pictures taken every 5 seconds or so.

Thanks guys.

GoPro does offer that feature. In fact you can have it record stills and video at the same time.

I presume you want it to take a pic every 5 seconds while you're flying?

The GoPro manual tells you how to set that up. I don't have mine handy or I'd point you to the pertinent section.

There are two ways:

(1) Video mode / Time-Lapse Video / Interval --> creates a time-lapse video.
(2) Multi-Shot mode / Interval --> creates a folder of individual photos.

Thanks to you guys, I figured out how to turn video plus photo every 5 seconds mode. The only problem is that when I press record on Solo app, it just turns on simple video mode, not the mode I selected.

Thanks to you guys, I figured out how to turn video plus photo every 5 seconds mode. The only problem is that when I press record on Solo app, it just turns on simple video mode, not the mode I selected.

That's right; those modes must be set and started on the camera itself before launch, since the app doesn't even know that those modes exist. Just start the time lapse recording on the camera (not via the app), then launch and let the camera keep recording during the entire flight. At least that's how I've done it. If anybody knows a way to control it via the app, PLEASE share that info with us!

What’s the max time for one single solo flight in one shoot? 20 min which will only give you a few seconds of time-lapse. so how do you control that? To work for you? not in filming but in editing. So film at normal if that is 30fps and edit the clips at playback 0.2 , or 1.5 or whatever you want and you will get time lapse at speeds and times and moments you want. For example I film in 24 fps went out 12 hours at the start of a cyclone and this is the footage = a lot of footage for a few second sequences. But I have control over pitch pace and power. You need a very big bucket of water with a big tap which you can control that is what time-lapse is = don’t let the camera/tap dictate, YOU control the shoot via the edit.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Tom Fawcett
What’s the max time for one single solo flight in one shoot? 20 min which will only give you a few seconds of time-lapse. so how do you control that? To work for you? not in filming but in editing. So film at normal if that is 30fps and edit the clips at playback 0.2 , or 1.5 or whatever you want and you will get time lapse at speeds and times and moments you want. For example I film in 24 fps went out 12 hours at the start of a cyclone and this is the footage = a lot of footage for a few second sequences. But I have control over pitch pace and power. You need a very big bucket of water with a big tap which you can control that is what time-lapse is = don’t let the camera/tap dictate, YOU control the shoot via the edit.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video, man. All I am trying to do is to take a photo every seconds, while flying. That's all.

Great video, man. All I am trying to do is to take a photo every seconds, while flying. That's all.
You need to set your GoPro to "video+photo", then select 5 seconds for your interval.
Like Joe Horn said you need to turn the GoPro on and start recording, then put it in the gimbal, start Solo and go fly. Don't press the red start button or it will switch you out of "video+photo" mode.

You will probably have a lot of before and after footage to edit out but that looks like the only way to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea