This might be the perfect solution for those of us wanting a better camera

Reaction score
WALKERA - G-3S

I've read on this forum that the Gimbal bay will accommodate 3rd party gimbals. This one allows you to fit a Sony RX100 - any of them to the SOLO.

I own the camera , so I'm really thinking about how much this might improve things.

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions?

WALKERA - G-3S

I've read on this forum that the Gimbal bay will accommodate 3rd party gimbals. This one allows you to fit a Sony RX100 - any of them to the SOLO.

I own the camera , so I'm really thinking about how much this might improve things.

WALKERA - G-3S

Hi,
You have the Sony RX100 already?

I have the RX100M4. They are all the same size. These cameras have been available for about 4 years in one version or another.
That's cool. I sent a email to Colin at 3dr a couple weeks ago asking about the release of the Sony UMC-R10 that's just available for site scan now. I don't need site scan but really would love to have the gimbal and camera by itself. He responded back and said that once site scan is up and running for a while that he feels confident that it will be released for sale by itself and I can't wait.

WALKERA - G-3S

Would you assume that the gimbal would support smart shots?

I would like it to, but frankly if I could get a high quality of 4K, I'd be happy.

I would like it to, but frankly if I could get a high quality of 4K, I'd be happy.
Yes the gimbal bay will fit other gimbals. Check the solo dev site to see if the plate fits otherwise you might need to build an adapter to hold it. If you have done the pwm mod (and have a breakout board) you should be able to control the pitch (including in smart shots) - or if it supports Mavlink over serial then no need for the mod. You wont get start / stop integration without integrating the camera.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

The bay may take other gimbal but the interface limits the control and communication to certain gopro cameras only. Even you are willing to make a fc firmware change or hardware modification, you will be on your own dime to get FAA air worthiness certification.

IMO, there's just one big problem with this: Walkera. I don't have a single item from them that works properly.
Also, the combined weight of RX100 + gimbal is 638 grams, IIRC the payload of the Solo was not much more than 400 grams?

Did anyone ever try to get the new RX100 m4 or m5 to work with Solo ? The payload is not the problem - if you
do not use the GoPro gimbal it can take plenty.

Read above your post. The whole thread is about this camera

Hope this helps

The Walkera has bad reviews. And I have not seen any description of how the Walkera is mounted to the Solo. Hence I asked...
Could you kindly provide some sample videos ? Or pics to show how you mounted the gimbal to the Solo ?

Payload is not the problem...
the max payload of solo is 700g. the gimbal + gopro is about 390g.
If you are not using the stock gopro+gimbal, you can make it work with the RX100 + Walkera..

A thin hdmi cable can be connected to fpv as well..Not sure how the tilt controls will work - perhaps the Walkera will have to rigged to connect with pixhawk..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40