This gopro requires a firmware to work with solo

Reaction score
I updated the latest firmware for go pro 3 black (current software version: HD3.03.03.00) but after install gimbal, can not push record on device with warning " This gopro requires a firmware to work with solo".
anyone help me. thank

I updated the latest firmware for go pro 3 black (current software version: HD3.03.03.00) but after install gimbal, can not push record on device with warning " This gopro requires a firmware to work with solo".
anyone help me. thank
GP 3+ Black? Should work fine. You may need to reset your camera and recheck the firmware version or remove and reinstall the Solo app.

GP 3+ Black? Should work fine. You may need to reset your camera and recheck the firmware version or remove and reinstall the Solo app.
I tried but unsuccessful. When I click help on solo app, i see the solo only support GP4 and 3+

The GP4, GP3+ Silver, and GP3+ Black CAN be connected wirelessly for updates according to the GoPro app, look under SUPPORT.
It seems GoPro/3DR is giving short shrift to those of us having GP3+ Silver and Black cameras.

As I mentioned in another thread it appears GoPro is aware of the video streaming not connecting.

The GP4, GP3+ Silver, and GP3+ Black CAN be connected wirelessly for updates according to the GoPro app, look under SUPPORT.
It seems GoPro/3DR is giving short shrift to those of us having GP3+ Silver and Black cameras.

As I mentioned in another thread it appears GoPro is aware of the video streaming not connecting.
My H3+ Black works fine. This particular firmware update will not work wirelessly. It has to be done manually.....copy to SD card then boot the camera to the flash file.
It's the H3 Silver they are having all the problems with but it will work on an older firmware version.

I 'may' have something for you. I too have a GoPro 3 Black. Have had the same message as you. Saw a video online from someone shooting with a GoPro3 Black and sent them a message. They told me to power on the GoPro before turning on Solo, and controller. Do not put the GoPro into the gimbal until the GoPro is already powered up and set to the right settings. (1080 60p etc....). Then after Solo and controller are powered up, insert GoPro into gimbal.
It worked for me when nothing else would.

I 'may' have something for you. I too have a GoPro 3 Black. Have had the same message as you. Saw a video online from someone shooting with a GoPro3 Black and sent them a message. They told me to power on the GoPro before turning on Solo, and controller. Do not put the GoPro into the gimbal until the GoPro is already powered up and set to the right settings. (1080 60p etc....). Then after Solo and controller are powered up, insert GoPro into gimbal.
It worked for me when nothing else would.

Gabe,
Did you press record before inserting you Hero3 or were you then able to use the app record button or Tx tilt button click for record? I have streaming video but no start/stop record function and tried your mentioned method. I have been in contact with tech support both 3D Robotics and GoPro. 3DR said they know it's an issue for non-plus Hero3 users if we upgraded to the newest 3.0 firmware and suggested I roll back to 2.0 and have GoPro help me do that.
GoPro said they don't roll back firmware at all. Then they said OK but I'll have to send it in but the following day they said Solo does not support any version before Hero3+ we are out of luck.

I understand development delays and while discouraging, I can wait. What I am waiting on now is a reply to see if they are working on a fix or even intend to work on it.

I tried but unsuccessful. When I click help on solo app, i see the solo only support GP4 and 3+

Hi Taing,
I too bought the GP H3 Black a couple of years ago and believed it would work fine in the Solo / Gimbal.

I ended up with the same error message as you so had to hit record before I fitted to the Gimbal as you do not get the option to start / end recording once up in the air.
Unfortunately reading various other Forums it doesn't seem like a fix for the older 3 Models will be happening soon hence I just bought the H4 Black and have the H3 on eBay to cover some of the costs.

Hi Taing,
I too bought the GP H3 Black a couple of years ago and believed it would work fine in the Solo / Gimbal.

I ended up with the same error message as you so had to hit record before I fitted to the Gimbal as you do not get the option to start / end recording once up in the air.
Unfortunately reading various other Forums it doesn't seem like a fix for the older 3 Models will be happening soon hence I just bought the H4 Black and have the H3 on eBay to cover some of the costs.
I just bought go pro hero 4 black 5 days ago $389 from Adorama.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela