Think Tank backpack for Solo

Reaction score
Just got my Think Tank backpack designed specifically for Solo. I have to say this is a really nice and roomy backpack. About the same size as the 3DR backpack but holds more stuff because it's not foam molded to fit specific items only. I like the layout and extra compartments on the other side as well as a water bottle holder, which the 3DR backpack did not have.

Currently have in it:
* 8 batteries including the one on Solo
* controller and charger
* standard battery charger
* six sets of propellers in the middle and bottom zipper pouches
* set of Alfa antennas in the upper zipper pouch.
* samsung tablet on the other side (could fit a 17" laptop, if needed)

Still have room for full DSL camera and lens, or in my case more batteries, but not really needed. The best part is it fits snug with the PolarPro LED light strips. Solo wouldn't fit in the 3DR bag with these on, so this is a good thing.

Anyways, thought I'd share with you guys incase anyone's looking for an alternative bag.

Attachments

• IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
What.....
No room for all 19 batteries.....I would sell that backpack back for 1 battery you traded for it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What.....
No room for all 19 batteries.....I would sell that backpack back for 1 battery you traded for it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lol

Love it.
[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my Think Tank backpack designed specifically for Solo. I have to say this is a really nice and roomy backpack. About the same size as the 3DR backpack but holds more stuff because it's not foam molded to fit specific items only. I like the layout and extra compartments on the other side as well as a water bottle holder, which the 3DR backpack did not have.

Currently have in it:
* 8 batteries including the one on Solo
* controller and charger
* standard battery charger
* six sets of propellers in the middle and bottom zipper pouches
* set of Alfa antennas in the upper zipper pouch.
* samsung tablet on the other side (could fit a 17" laptop, if needed)

Still have room for full DSL camera and lens, or in my case more batteries, but not really needed. The best part is it fits snug with the PolarPro LED light strips. Solo wouldn't fit in the 3DR bag with these on, so this is a good thing.

Anyways, thought I'd share with you guys incase anyone's looking for an alternative bag.
can you tell me how comfortable the straps are? How heavy is this fully loaded? I currently have mine in a pick and pull custom Pelican case which i cannot carry for to long from the truck to the fly zone. A backpack would come in real handy! But i don't want one that's really bulky!

can you tell me how comfortable the straps are? How heavy is this fully loaded? I currently have mine in a pick and pull custom Pelican case which i cannot carry for to long from the truck to the fly zone. A backpack would come in real handy! But i don't want one that's really bulky!

The straps are quite comfortable, better than the 3DR backpack. But the back padding on the 3DR is better or more cushioning. With what I have in there now as it is with 8 batteries, it's quite hefty around 20 pounds.

I really like the 3DR back pack, especially since it was all but free in the bundle for $300. However, that kit looks really good! What do they cost?

$200 is MSRP. They were on sale in October for $99 bucks. Too bad I didn't have a Solo back then. I got this one from Amazon for $150 + tax.

Well it looks like a nice bag for sure. I wouldn't mind getting a hard case but those prices!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc