These forums need an autocorrection feature. Dysgraphics?

Reaction score
Ok,

Is it just me or what! Sooo many posts have a lot of misspellings and really poor grammar. Many of the posts are from US pilots. I feel like I'm reading Chinese instruction manuals! Am I just anal or are most drone pilots illiterate? That couldn't be the case, as I think that most of the posters can read, but not write. Illiteracy means inability to read or write...from an English language forum:
Dysgraphia, per Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary 31st Ed., is "difficulty in writing." Agraphia is "impairment or loss of the ability to write; it takes two forms, one involving poor morphology of written letter forms and the other a reflection of the aphasia also observed in spoken language...also called graphomotor aphasia.

End unrelated topic rant!

Reactions: SARDG
Yes, but it's the same as all over the internet and texting. People are literally getting dumber. Especially the under 30 croud who are growing up like cyborgs with their phones implanted in their heads and don't know how to actually retain info any longer. l8r.

Reactions: Ian [P13] and SARDG
no, but congrats.
we did not have a grammer police type user before, looks like your it

A lot of it has to do with posting from mobile devices.
you can always tell when I am on my phone.

Pyrate - you are not the target of my frustration; Your posts are refreshing. I am a former Marine, I even took "spelling for Marines" while I was serving. Marines are not always known for grammatical prowess. If I can manage to communicate on a tech forum without too many errors, I would think that all the young bucks could handle it. Isn't there an app for that! LOL
Sent From my DumbPhone 100

Navy Vet Here, and yep I served on a gator freighter
No offense taken, I just know how I slaughter things on a mobile device

Pyrate, very nice. Small world! I went to A school (air traffic control) at Millington TN, and spent 9 months aboard the Belleau Wood. It is my aviation background that instilled the need for precise and accurate communication. I have the Navy to thank for that!

Reactions: SARDG and pyrate
Honestly this is a story telling forum. The language used is insignificant to the story being told. Some of the encrypted writing is made by some highly intelligent people. If you get caught up in the grammar or spelling errors you'll lose the essence of the story and possible miss out by not interacting with these amazing people.

I deal with engineers all day long and very few have the ability to write more than a paragraph. Yet they accomplish some amazing feats of engineering.....

Great point. I too have worked with engineers for years - I'm an organic chemist who works in chemical process development with PhD engineers so I know where you are coming from. I can deal with the grammar and spelling really. There is so very much to learn with this new to me endeavor, and I don't want to alienate anyone. It's just that I am also a commercial pilot and former air traffic controller and the aviation side of me always wants precise and exact language. I definitely don't want to be "that guy- the grammar cop" so I posted over here. I knew I would draw flame! I was just uptight I think. Time for a beer. Now back to the real posts!

...I am a former Marine, I even took "spelling for Marines" while I was serving. Marines are not always known for grammatical prowess...
Hey Mike... you do pretty well for a Jarhead! :eek: :p

Honestly this is a story telling forum. The language used is insignificant to the story being told. Some of the encrypted writing is made by some highly intelligent people.....
This may be a story telling forum Rich, but the grammer, spelling, and sentence structure is often so poor, that I honestly cannot figure out what that story is at times.

I realize that this forum enjoys posts from those from around the globe, and understand how those who use English as their second language may struggle - but seriously and often wonder where our educational system has failed the U.S. born and raised.

I too, often use a mobile device for replying (as I am now), but try to go back and proof my posts before tapping 'Post Reply'.

Mobile devices try my patience, if I make it to the submit button I aint looking back

Mobile devices try my patience, if I make it to the submit button I aint looking back
I have a desktop PC that's always on in my home office area, a laptop that's frequently on in my kitchen, but this tablet on the arm of my recliner is the clear winner this time of night. If the spell-check would quit trying to help me, it wouldn't be so bad...

but seriously and often wonder where our educational system has failed the U.S. born and raised.
I don't think it's so much the education system, but the parenting. But that seems like a political conversation and I prefer not to go there....

In the end parents have the ability to teach their children or not. Who I am, is based on who my parents were, it's a fundamental fact.

DANG, Cab't imagin whats your prople talking aboiut?
d62a777b1dd9ec42e3d540bf98e52131.jpg

I find myself liking a lot of posts in this thread...

I funk my English oral test. I couldn't get into university in Hong Kong . I had to come to USA for my higher education. After college, worked as an engineer for almost 40 years. I guess I earned the right to use bad English

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc