Testing Sport Mode with the Green Cube, but Another Motor wire Failure!!

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The wire failed to stay attached to the esc :)
Interestingly enough, that is the exact same thing that happened with my other Solo. Same motor #4. No idea why it happened again.

Yet it seemed to recover and level off just before hitting the ground. Did you find the wire disconnected?

Yet it seemed to recover and level off just before hitting the ground. Did you find the wire disconnected?
Red wire detached from the esc solder port. My best guess is that i pulled the wire tight the last time I opened up the Solo to install the Green Cube, when I tilted the board up. This same situation happened to two different Solo's, and lifting up the board is the only common denominator with the two Solo's. The wire was probably taut, and over time it kept pulling on the solder connection, finally giving way.

Red wire detached from the esc solder port. My best guess is that i pulled the wire tight the last time I opened up the Solo to install the Green Cube, when I tilted the board up. This same situation happened to two different Solo's, and lifting up the board is the only common denominator with the two Solo's. The wire was probably taut, and over time it kept pulling on the solder connection, finally giving way.
I think it recovered right at the end because I was giving it full throttle on the left stick as it was falling, and I punched the Fly button toward the end as well. Probably saved my bacon.

If a power wire was disconnected, recovery is physically impossible. Giving full throttle or changing modes would not do anything. The only way that recovery happened is if the wire happened to re-establish contact, allowing the motor to power up again. Which seems a little far fetched but I have no other explanation either.

Reactions: Mala Suerte

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea