Test Fight First Time

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am new to 3DR Solo I was using Hero4 4K 30Fs. I bought this unit from Ebay so it did not come the the sunshade for the camera. I would like to know if the sunshade will stop the lines that show up when it is turned into the sun. The wind was blowing about 12 to 15 MPH. Any help or information on how to make better videos would be great.
Thank You

I will look at that. I was looking at the Relish3D HDMI mod will that fix it.

Thanks David

Did you use any post prod software for editing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am new to 3DR Solo I was using Hero4 4K 30Fs. I bought this unit from Ebay so it did not come the the sunshade for the camera. I would like to know if the sunshade will stop the lines that show up when it is turned into the sun. The wind was blowing about 12 to 15 MPH. Any help or information on how to make better videos would be great.
Thank You

Hello! I saw two "lines". First is the horizontal bars that came out that look like what you get on your tv when you wiggle the rabbit ears (what's a "rabbit ears" you ask) - these are caused by poor hdmi cable connection/vibration if I'm not mistaken and yes, you should look into replacing them with the flat cables by Relish. Second is the diagonal light that crosses the screen when it faces the sun. These are called flares and sometimes people like them. I like them. They're artsy. As long as not all of the video have them. I rarely use my sun shade - but that's because I have PolarPro filters on my GoPro. Good start with flight and editing!

My question was with regards to color correction.....or is that stock video without any color correction.....looks great otherwise

As mentioned already by @RichWest and @pyrate, the lines are NOT from a connection problem and ARE prop shadows.

The lens sunshade can help minimize this. Using a ND filter can help eliminate this and the jello effect. The sunshade cannot be used with a ND filter. You can also try tilting the camera down a few degrees. Replacing the lens with one that has a narrower FOV helps.

Personal preference is to replace the lens with one with narrower FOV, no distortion, use a ND filter, and keep the camera angled no more than 80 or 85 degrees when facing into the sun. This will remove the fisheye, remove distortions near the edges of the images, remove jello, and minimize the chances of prop shadows.

Reactions: Travelfox
Those horizontal lines are definitely prop shadow and have nothing to do with connection. This video is included in the FAQ on this site and explains the lines and what to do about them:

Bilge that was all stock video did not highlight or anything just used Gopro Quick. Thank you all for the information and help.

David

Quick is sort of neat, if you want a "quick" video from files. I would use it to make a teaser
But I like editing too much

Reactions: Travelfox

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986