Tarot 650 sport/3DRSolo build flies with Arducopter master...

All detailed in the release notes. May not be a whole that effects a diy build. But if nothing else, it's gets a few months further ahead on master.

All detailed in the release notes. May not be a whole that effects a diy build. But if nothing else, it's gets a few months further ahead on master.

Gonna read up on it, one issue I have is no on-board compass only the leg compass works, not sure why but it seems to be hardware related? Before it flies away I'm going to install a here gps with compass.
Another quick question have you been able to get auto tune to work?

You should have all mags functioning. What is indicating to you that the others aren't working.

You should have all mags functioning. What is indicating to you that the others aren't working.
It does not show up in mission planner the offsets are red not green and all zero's, and it has only one mag ID so I turned it off. I bought this mainboard on Ebay for 30 bucks I'm guessing it is faulty, I also get an an ekf variance error when turning the quad while still on the ground..

Last edited:
So I almost had a crash when I was in Fly mode the quad started toilet bowling I pressed the brake switch and the quad started beeping due to a failsafe and went into a full rearward pitch flying right at me, spinning blades of death lol, I quickly ducked hit the b button (stabalize) and regained control kinda landed somewhat rough broke a landing gear foot is all. Anyway the problem was not the internal mag this does function I had it set to external thinking it was the leg compass that was working this was the reason for the error compass variance, I set the parameter to internal and it now works properly no errors. The real problem is the I2c port for the leg compass does not initialize. I tried 2 different leg compasses and they do not work, so I only have the internal compass working..So my question is "are there a certain set of drivers to initialize the I2c port"? Thanks in advance

Drivers are baked in. Not something you can install or remove. Can you post a dataflash log?

You appear to have the external compass disabled entirely. Parameter COMPASS_EXTERNAL is 0 and should be 1. COMPASS_USE2 is 0 and should be 1. And COMPASS_ORIENT is 8 and should be 38 for a stock solo leg. IDK how you have the external compass mounted on that thing, but you'll need to pick the correct value here. Or maybe 8 is what you picked?

Compass is non functional, I had all those params turned on when the leg compass was installed and it would never show up as an ID so I turned it off just last night. Im only using the internal compass. One thing I noticed is the motor balance test failed is this related to calibrating the ESC's or CG?

Last edited:
Does anyone can help me install a tarot gimbal on solo just the wire connection I can't find any info in how to do it.

Does anyone can help me install a tarot gimbal on solo just the wire connection I can't find any info in how to do it.
When you say "the wire connection" you need to be more specific Do you want to provide power? Do you want to control the Gimbal? Maybe perhaps both?

Half way down this page are the pinouts for Solo
Extend 3DR Solo Accessory Bay - Hackster.io

And my storm32 setup I have both power and Gimbal tilt control
https://3drpilots.com/threads/using-3rd-party-gimbals-on-a-solo.10944/#post-113811

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986