Taking photos with gimbal angle flapper

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
A 3DR video mentioned as a side note that you could take a photo by pressing in the gimbal flapper. The other day I was in MPCC mode, flying using the right stick, and tried to take some photos. I pressed in on the flapper, the video briefly turned off and back on, and I thought I had taken a still. When I landed I looked at the camera which had no stills.

I was in video, wide FOV, protune, 2.7k, MPCC.

What am I missing? Anyone else been successful?

Also, Ed, you mentioned pressing in on the paddle. I believe you press down to take a photo in camera mode. If you meant you pressed down, you can forget you ever saw me....:confused:

Also, Ed, you mentioned pressing in on the paddle. I believe you press down to take a photo in camera mode. If you meant you pressed down, you can forget you ever saw me....:confused:
Might be semantics, wouldn't pressing down cause the gimbal to rotate down?

So when I think of "down" I think if pressing the paddle towards the ground. When I think of "in" I think of pressing it towards the controller.

Either way, thanks,

I always use the paddle to trigger shutter, video or picture
never use the little red dot.
Does not matter which way you click up or down
Does not matter what mode, in video it will take video in photo it will take a picture.

Seems I remember something about that behavior changing if you are in free look. since the left stick controls camera pitch in free look

Push LEFT paddle "in" not down or up, "in" to take a picture or to start & stop Video

Just as Ed mentioned, it's very dependent on which mode the GoPro is in. Behind the scenes, it's just a trigger action as if you pressed the top button in the GoPro.

Yeah, what I was hoping to do was fly an MPCC in "manual" mode (with the stick) while recording video, then pausing and taking a photo of the subject at some points. Looks like I can't do that.

Yeah, what I was hoping to do was fly an MPCC in "manual" mode (with the stick) while recording video, then pausing and taking a photo of the subject at some points. Looks like I can't do that.

I also thought Collin mentioned that you could press both the preset buttons on the right hand side of the controller to snap a photo anytime but I think it was just a misunderstanding or something changed since then.

If someone positively confirms the proper way to do this, and under what circumstances, please post your results. I'm afraid to touch any unknown button sequences for fear of putting it into an uncontrolled nose dive that I can't get out of ;-)

you can manually start solo to take video with a picture every X seconds. but you have to fly like that until you change it
or
If you are shooting 4K wide (modded lens) you can simply grab frames as pictures
works quite well and uses the entire camera sensor

you can manually start solo to take video with a picture every X seconds. but you have to fly like that until you change it
or
If you are shooting 4K wide (modded lens) you can simply grab frames as pictures
works quite well and uses the entire camera sensor
That's what I've been doing. I was looking for a way to get around exporting video frames. Not that it's difficult, but that it's a step that I was hoping to eliminate.

Thanks,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377