Taking photos, not video with Gopro while flying

Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
I literally just got my Solo 4 days ago.

No Gimbal yet but I have the Hero Silver 4 and the combination works great.

Probably going to sound like an idiot asking this.

I have not been able to figure out how to take just pictures while flying rather than video.

Is there a way to trigger the shutter while flying instead of trying to grab screens from the video?

I believe you have 2 choices; put the GP in photo mode before taking off then use the gimbal tilt lever on the left and push in. The other option if you have Android is to use Tower. It allows you to switch between photo/video and activate the shutter.

You need the gimbal though as shutter can't be controlled through the HDMI connection. The GoPro connects to the gimbal through the Hero port on the back allowing for further control of the camera.
Right Jubal?
Or, use the video + photo setting.

Reactions: Jubalr
You need the gimbal though as shutter can't be controlled through the HDMI connection. The GoPro connects to the gimbal through the Hero port on the back allowing for further control of the camera.
Right Jubal?
Or, use the video + photo setting.
Absolutely Ray! I missed that in his post where he didn't have a gimbal. Sorry about that onespeed. You will have to set the GP to take photos every X seconds and start it before takeoff.

Absolutely Ray! I missed that in his post where he didn't have a gimbal. Sorry about that onespeed. You will have to set the GP to take photos every X seconds and start it before takeoff.

Just go into the timed photo setting in GoPro, set your photo rate to a specific timer and start shooting before taking off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela