Tablet that runs Tower - Recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 2044
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2044

I'm in the market for a small tablet. I'm an Apple guy using my iPhone and I'm tired of having the battery drained 25% after every flight. I'm looking at an iPad mini 4 but my dilemma is if I'm going to spend that much money on a iPad I want a bigger screen so I can do other things with it too. But if I get a larger iPad it no longer works with device holder on the controller. On top of that, I'd be spending money on a tablet that doesn't run Tower. So now I'm looking at an Android tablet that I solely use for flying my quads. I'm currently considering a Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 8 inch screen, 16GB for $200 at Best Buy.

But I know nothing about Android tablets, is there a better one? One that is comparable? Basically what I want is a small Android tablet for running Tower, that is cheap, preferably $250 or less, but would also last a while. What would you recommend?

I have read about "sideloading" by copying the app file over to the fire.

Bumping this thread because I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet and get an Android tablet and use Tower.

The thread was started quite a while ago and much has changed since then. Tower users, please chime in on stable, high quality choices in tablets, preferably with GPS installed.

Nexus 7 (2013). Stable and one of the brightest screens. Pure Android with no Manuf. Overlay

Nexus 7/2013
The Nexus was kind of the "reference" tablet for the Tower developers.

I use the Nexus 7 and Mini 4 with Solo, both work great. I got my Mini 4 off Groupon for $329. My Mini 4 is the cellular version with GPS which means it has a barometer. Because of this I mostly use my Mini 4 with Solo since I do a lot of Follow and need dynamic altitude.

I'm an Android guy at heart but put up with the Mini 4 because it works well, is the right size and has a bright screen.

Nexus 7 2013. Flawless and $150.

Also get this for whatever tablet.

Amazon.com: Dealgadgets 360 degrees Adjustable Tablet Car Mount Holder for 7-10 Inches Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 4 pro note 7.0/8.0/8.4/10.1, Sony Xperia Z/Z2 Tablet, iPad Air/mini/1 2 3 4 5, etc: Computers & Accessories

Plate with 4 prongs snaps right on in 2 seconds. Snaps on and off. Replaces existing spring loaded grabber. Holds any tablet. $13 Prime.
I bought a GALAXY D3 32g, 9.7" Tablet and just extended the slots in the holder to make it fit. How does this holder attach to the 3DR controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela