Tablet Question

Reaction score
Website
vsasolutions.com
So, I think....think... I want a 10” Android tablet so I can run Solex and not wear my readers while flying. Do I need to get gps and 4f for tablet or just WiFi? What is your recommendation and why?

There are (at least) two features that a wifi-only tablet cannot use: (1) Map loading at your flying location. (2) Follow-Me mode, which requires the tablet to have GPS. If either of those features are important to you, don't get a wifi-only tablet.

My iPad Mini is wifi-only, and I get by pre-loading maps, and follow-me is a feature I don't need. Your mileage may differ.

Thanks for the feedback Joe. I agree on the follow me as a not needed thing. I will have to see how hard preloading maps is. Also, I am thinking it would be easier loading firmware if you had the 4G connection.

FYI - I got a kindle fire 8" since it was a very cheap option around cyber monday and it works well running solex. No cell or gps connection though. You need to side-load google play store but that is easy. I assume the 10" should work well too.

Reactions: Joe Horn
I have an LG G Pad on the Verizon Network (I am in Chicago suburbs) it is the 8 inch and has 4G LTE / cellular option. The actual model is the LG-VK815. You can probably pick one up off ebay or similar sites for under $100. I only pay $20 a month for unlimited data. It it great for the Solo as it runs Soloex with no issues but also to just have a tablet with constant connectivity is a plus for general use, ie train ride to work. LG Does have a 10in G Pad as well, model V930 I believe. Guessing you can pick one up for similar cost as the 8 inch. At least worth a look in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc