Tablet Data

Reaction score
I couldn't find this in the forum with a simple search, so I apologize if this is asked/answered before.

To get the full capabilities of Solo app or Solex, does my tablet need a data connection?

If not, how does it get map data, etc.?

A data connection is always a good thing, however you can always download offline maps for use later. To get the full capabilities of your drone what you really need is for your tablet to have built in GPS.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
You do need to be able to connect to the Internet via wifi to access updates, maps, etc. but you don't need a "data plan" for that device.

Can anybody help me?
I would like to use my tablet as monitor and hook it up direct to controller but can't seem to find a mini hdmi to large USB cable
I have a LG g x 815 is this even
Possible sure could use some help

Sometimes the HDMI "out" port on the Solo controller is "wonky". And, you may need to cut the plastic away from your cable right where it plugs into the controller. The Solo "hole" may not be big enough to allow your cable to fully seat.

I gave up on it and plugged a Slim Port into my Nexus 7, then a standard USB cable from there to my portable monitor.

I can't even find the right the cord
I called b&h and a guy there said he used to have a solo and tried

Woops to use a tablet for a monitor and couldn't get it to work and said that there wasn't such a cord I've seen guys on utube using them so I know they exist maybe someone who has a link might share it would be very grateful thanks

Woops to use a tablet for a monitor and couldn't get it to work and said that there wasn't such a cord I've seen guys on utube using them so I know they exist maybe someone who has a link might share it would be very grateful thanks
I got mine on Amazon but when I checked yesterday it said they were no longer available. The connectors have "Amazon Basics" printed on them so I think they were made for Amazon .
I would think they would be available other places. Have you checked for a HDMI to micro-HDMI adapter you could use with a standard HDMI cable?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela