Support Changes

Reaction score
Website
www.3dr.com
Hi all, so I've seen some posts about the new support hours and channels and I just want to step in here drop some words equestrian.

1. Count On Me - 3DR is still here and will continue to be here. We're working on some exciting HW and SW releases for 2016 for Solo. We'll be at NAB with guns blazing :)

2. The Times They Are A' Changin' - I changed the support hours to coincide with the support volumes we get. We made a shot at offering 24/7 support but the volumes just don't justify it. While it was really nice to talk to drone enthusiasts at 2:30 in the morning, it just turned out to not be the best use for our resources. New support hours are M-F 08:00-17:00 It's not exciting, but it's actually when we get the most activity (by a landslide). We'll still answer emails by next business day.

3. Talk - Our data shows that folks don't like to be on the phone if they don't have to. Pre-sales and post-sales Chat customer satisfaction ratings are through the roof. So we're doubling down on it and making Chat our primary method for immediate support. If things get hairy, we'll still be able to talk, but I'm betting that we can resolve 90%+ of the issues over chat.

4. A Better Future - We have some big plans for 2016 so expect to see more support options, methods, and features this year!

Points are all in song. Special prize for the first person to name all the artists, album, and year the song was released.

Count on Me – Bruno Mars – 2010
The Times They Are a Changin – Bob Dylan – 1964
Talk – Coldplay – 2005
A Better Future – David Bowie – 2002

Reactions: erikgraham
Now that is what we needed, as usual the VU man is concise and on point
Thanks!!!

Now we have NAB to look forward to

Hi all, so I've seen some posts about the new support hours and channels and I just want to step in here drop some words equestrian......

Love the enhanced chat option! Can't wait to see what else comes out in 2016!

Count on me - Jefferson Starship - The Earth - 1978
The Times They Are a-Changin - The Times They Are a-Changin - 1964
Talk - Coldplay - X&Y - 2005
A Better Future - David Bowie - Heathen - 2002

Hi all, so I've seen some posts about the new support hours and channels and I just want to step in here drop some words equestrian.

1. Count On Me - 3DR is still here and will continue to be here. We're working on some exciting HW and SW releases for 2016 for Solo. We'll be at NAB with guns blazing :)

2. The Times They Are A' Changin' - I changed the support hours to coincide with the support volumes we get. We made a shot at offering 24/7 support but the volumes just don't justify it. While it was really nice to talk to drone enthusiasts at 2:30 in the morning, it just turned out to not be the best use for our resources. New support hours are M-F 08:00-17:00 It's not exciting, but it's actually when we get the most activity (by a landslide). We'll still answer emails by next business day.

3. Talk - Our data shows that folks don't like to be on the phone if they don't have to. Pre-sales and post-sales Chat customer satisfaction ratings are through the roof. So we're doubling down on it and making Chat our primary method for immediate support. If things get hairy, we'll still be able to talk, but I'm betting that we can resolve 90%+ of the issues over chat.

4. A Better Future - We have some big plans for 2016 so expect to see more support options, methods, and features this year!

Points are all in song. Special prize for the first person to name all the artists, album, and year the song was released.
Thanks for the update Vu! We look forward to more from 3DR..
Count On Me : Bruno Mars 2010 Doo-Wops and Hooligans
The Times They Are a Changin: Bob Dylan 1964 The Time They Are a Changin
Talk: Cold Play 2005 X&Y
A Better Future: David Bowie 2002 Heathin

A Better Future

Vu,

Thanks much for the clarification, explanation and insight! One question, though, wouldn't it be a better business strategy to announce these types of issues prior to opening the door for speculation?

You guys put yourself out there for your superior product and customer service. In my opinion, that would include providing notification of significant changes to loyal customers. Particularly, to a site like this, that for the most part, bleeds 3dr.

I think your response was thorough and completely understandable, just wish it could have come prior to the controversy. Although, the impact was probably minimal overall, I'm sure there were a few people in a pickle that were very surprised and upset when they truly needed the system that they believed was already in place.

Just my opinions, of course.

Respectfully,

Jerry

Well I guess you gotta try it, before you knock it.

I think I'll crash my Solo just to put this "chat support" thing to the test.
Gonna 'Take One For The Team' huh? Now that's commitment and someone willing to give for the benefit of others.:D

maybe a stupid question, but how do I CONNECT TO THIS "CHAT" from Solo? I need urgent help...

I have searched Twitter, tried calling, sent in email and......nothing....

Define Urgent
ur·gent
ˈərjənt/
adjective
  1. (of a state or situation) requiring immediate action or attention.
    "the situation is far more urgent than politicians are admitting"
    synonyms: acute, pressing, dire, desperate, critical, serious, grave, intense, crying, burning, compelling, extreme, exigent, high-priority, top-priority;
    life-and-death
    "the urgent need for more funding"
    • (of action or an event) done or arranged in response to a pressing or critical situation.
      "she needs urgent treatment"
    • (of a person or their manner) earnest and persistent in response to a pressing situation.
      "an urgent whisper"
      synonyms: insistent, persistent, importunate, earnest, pleading, begging
      "an urgent whisper"

;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40