Suggestions for Solo Tablet requested

Reaction score
Trying to get my list together and need to nail down a tablet. Any suggestions (Droid only please)

Is 4G helpful or necessary? Anyone have a list from 3DR of supported or suggested devices?

I have not yet seen anything official from 3DR on this but, someone asked the same question on DIYDrones and 3DR CEO Chris Anderson replied- “I think 7" is about as big as you want to go, to keep everything nicely balanced. We mostly use iPad minis and Android Nexus 7s”. 4G may be a help in that you would be able to update maps in real time instead of caching maps of your flying area beforehand. I went ahead and picked up a new Nexus 7 at great discount (no SIM). Once I get the chance to try it with the Solo I will report back if it is up to snuff and how big a hassle caching is.

I have not yet seen anything official from 3DR on this but, someone asked the same question on DIYDrones and 3DR CEO Chris Anderson replied- “I think 7" is about as big as you want to go, to keep everything nicely balanced. We mostly use iPad minis and Android Nexus 7s”. 4G may be a help in that you would be able to update maps in real time instead of caching maps of your flying area beforehand. I went ahead and picked up a new Nexus 7 at great discount (no SIM). Once I get the chance to try it with the Solo I will report back if it is up to snuff and how big a hassle caching is.
where did u get your nexus 7 link please

Sorry. I got it from Groupon. I didn’t provide a link because that deal (2nd gen 2013 model 16Gb new with warranty) has expired. The only ones they currently have listed are factory refurbs and 1st gen. When I was looking I just Googled “ASUS Google Nexus 7” and found a number of offers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela