Suggested threads to read for a new solo owner.

Reaction score
Names Matthew, just bought a solo off amazon this morning. I think I did pretty good, got it for 242.00 for the bundle with backpack and gimble shipped.
I got the 3dr app apk file to install on my LG G3 and that updated.
I'm thinking of getting a used Samsung tab 3 sm-T310 for my main screen (no 4G) and then if I want to try out the follow me feature or map cache I'll use my LG G3.
From what I've read so far my sj5000 will send video through the mini HDMI to the controller but I'll have to 3d print a special adapter due to the connector behind the GoPro being in the way.
I won't have video control but I'm okay with that for now.
Will the gimble still work?
Any other must read mods?
I built my 230 race quad a month ago and I have some flying experience but I'm worried about fly aways or crashing the solo. Seems like a nice quad, would be a shame to wreck it.
Should be a few weeks before I get it so now is the time for research.
Any helpful info would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Names Matthew, just bought a solo off amazon this morning. I think I did pretty good, got it for 242.00 for the bundle with backpack and gimble shipped.
I got the 3dr app apk file to install on my LG G3 and that updated.
I'm thinking of getting a used Samsung tab 3 sm-T310 for my main screen (no 4G) and then if I want to try out the follow me feature or map cache I'll use my LG G3.
From what I've read so far my sj5000 will send video through the mini HDMI to the controller but I'll have to 3d print a special adapter due to the connector behind the GoPro being in the way.
I won't have video control but I'm okay with that for now.
Will the gimble still work?
Any other must read mods?
I built my 230 race quad a month ago and I have some flying experience but I'm worried about fly aways or crashing the solo. Seems like a nice quad, would be a shame to wreck it.
Should be a few weeks before I get it so now is the time for research.
Any helpful info would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Welcome Matthew. I would suggest downloading the Solo manual and study it well while waiting for your Solo to arrive. It will answer a lot of your questions. The Solo gimbal was designed to work with the weight of the GoPro Hero 3+ Black, and the Hero 4 Black and Hero 4 Silver. Any other camera will probably have to be rigged to the static mount that comes with Solo. That would of course mean no camera control at all during flight. So, study the manual, use the search feature here on the forum to read past posts, and take it slow and sane when you finally fly your Solo. You will really like it. Good luck, and safe flying.

Welcome Matthew. I would suggest downloading the Solo manual and study it well while waiting for your Solo to arrive. It will answer a lot of your questions. The Solo gimbal was designed to work with the weight of the GoPro Hero 3+ Black, and the Hero 4 Black and Hero 4 Silver. Any other camera will probably have to be rigged to the static mount that comes with Solo. That would of course mean no camera control at all during flight. So, study the manual, use the search feature here on the forum to read past posts, and take it slow and sane when you finally fly your Solo. You will really like it. Good luck, and safe flying.
Ha! Slow and sane. I'll try no promises. Good advice, I'll download that now.

Check out the Solex app. You don't absolutely need it, but it get awesome reviews, and some of us use it exclusively.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela