Stuck on upgrade loop

Reaction score
hi,
Noob here. Trying to setup my solo for the first since I got it over the holiday season. For some reason , I’m not able to get it upgraded to 2.4.2. Tried on both android and iOS. controller shows the check mark with the upgraded message but when pressing on A returns to the pre-flight update screen. Any help is appreciated

hi,
Noob here. Trying to setup my solo for the first since I got it over the holiday season. For some reason , I’m not able to get it upgraded to 2.4.2. Tried on both android and iOS. controller shows the check mark with the upgraded message but when pressing on A returns to the pre-flight update screen. Any help is appreciated
Well it sounds like you've updated the controller, now it wants to connect to the drone to continue the preflight update.

I did connect to the drone after this. But when i went into the 3dr solo app , i can still see the 2.4.2 update pending

So when you downloaded the preflight update the app should have already been opened, so not sure why you're saying you connected to the drone and then went into the 3dr solo app.

There's a couple of things you can try. You can reset your drone and controller and try again. In which case don't exit the app until the update has completed on both the controller and the drone.

Or

You can update to Open Solo. The easiest way to do this is to Purchase "Solex" from the Play store (if you're using an android device). This will do away with the whole "preflight update" screen in future as it does not require the 3DR servers for anything. You can update the controller with Open Solo via solex even with the screen displaying the "preflight update required" message.

I've done a quick search and found two video's on how to set up your drone and install that preflight update that might help if you want to go the first route:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let us know if it works. If you have video recording capability and youtube, might be worth recording what you're doing and uploading, that way if you run into issues, people can see where it's happening and should be able to help.

Thanks much for the reply. I did try the reset tutorial of the 2nd video. Will try it out again this evening and document the steps. If this doesn't work out at all, will check out solex app. Again appreciate the response.

Thanks much for the reply. I did try the reset tutorial of the 2nd video. Will try it out again this evening and document the steps. If this doesn't work out at all, will check out solex app. Again appreciate the response.
No worries, just want to help you get your bird in the air!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40