Strange Logs from Solo.

Reaction score
This why I prefer to download Dataflash logs from my Solo!

So, Sunday I was taking some pictures of my brother's house with my Solo. Flew 2 batteries, took a bunch of stills and some video. Later that night I went to review the logs from the flights, and found something odd.

Reviewing the Dataflash logs from Solo I saw there was 2 valid logs, some of the logs in there are just me turning on the Solo. Anyway the first part of the first flight was in one log, and the remainer was in the second log, Odd I thought. What was more odd is that the 2nd flight was not logged at all, at least not a Dataflash log.

I had had Mission planner Auto Analyze the first part of the log from the first flight, and it said there was a possible brownout that truncated the log. Strange.... I didn't have any flight issues, and it didn't crash. What was even stranger was that when I uploaded this log to Drone Logbook, the "Max current" was 100A+. That would make sense, somehow it drew 100A+ and the voltage sagged causing a brownout, but it must have been micro seconds, as I never saw it in flight. Then, like I said, the second flight was never recorded in Dataflash, but I do have a TLog in the controller, both flight logs in fact are in the controller.

I am going to pack these logs up and send to 3DR explaining what happened, BUT I would like to find out myself as well. My first thought is that a motor spiked the current, but why?? And I will try to compare the Dataflash to the Tlog and look for descripencies.

If anyone has any ideas as to what may have happened, let me know. Scary thing is, if I never D/L the dataflash, I would never know something was not right.

Thanks

Rusty

if you can package up all the tlogs and upload here. if you want you can use dronekit-la and run tests against the logs. there are about 20 tests that it checks and gives you pass/fail status along with a score and any reasons.

if you can package up all the tlogs and upload here. if you want you can use dronekit-la and run tests against the logs. there are about 20 tests that it checks and gives you pass/fail status along with a score and any reasons.
I am packing them up tonight

Last edited:
OK, going to try to attach from my phone,. but here are the logs. I flew yesterday and had the same issue so there are 2 sets of folders.

Rusty

On edit
Crap, file too large, will break it up and post later

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela