Still Getting Jello Effect With Gimble & ND Filter Fitted

Reaction score
Good Morning,
I am currently flying my 3dr Solo with 3dr gimble, Gopro Hero 3+ Black and filter ND4 and still I am getting Jello in my footage. I have tried altering my gopro settings to online suggested settings and still no change. Can anyone help me with a solution, I will try any new settings suggested or equipment ugrades if needed to get it right.
Thank You & Best Regards.
Shaun UK

Might be best to post video to show how much you're getting.

The root cause is usually the gimbal install not being quite right so the gimbal isn't entirely centred and/or props not being balanced.

Reactions: RichWest
We need a complete description of your Solo, and see what you are capturing.

Leave the GoPro alone on its default settings. Turn on Protunes.

Fly the way you do, post it on YouTube and give us a link o.k.?

What you describe as Jello could be caused by (1) gimbal movement, (2) propeller vibration, or (3) too high a shutter speed. Posting the video as others have suggested will go a long way in helping diagnose your problem.

The ND filter will only help with (3). Because the GoPro shoots at wide open f/2.8 al the time, the only way it can auto expose is by changing the shutter speed. If you are in very bright light it is possible for the speed to be really cranked up: I have seen 1/8000 second. An ND 4 will only take that down two stops, to 1/2000. An ND 8 would take it down to 1/1000.

I was thinking perhaps an ND 8 might help. You should also think about balancing the props, or atleast change them to a new set.

Have you hit anything with the Props, is there a nick or unsmooth area.

Post the footage - 3rd and last request.

What is meant by "jello effect"? I've seen a lot of people mention that before but I'm new to the drone world. Can anybody tell me what that means? Do I have jello too? lol

What is meant by "jello effect"? I've seen a lot of people mention that before but I'm new to the drone world. Can anybody tell me what that means? Do I have jello too? lol
A million examples on youtube (actually ~9,780 lol). Search for "drone jello effect"

A million examples on youtube (actually ~9,780 lol). Search for "drone jello effect"
Ah, will do. Never thought to do that. Should have. There's a youtube video for everything. I'll go find one of the 9,780 and check it out lol

holy smokes. I watched a couple of short clips already and those are horrible. No, thankfully I haven't had any of that in my experience so far. Which seems surprising based on how many times I've seen people discussing it because I'm completely stock on everything right now. No filters, no lens mods, or anything at this point.

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in replying especially to Cameraguy, I have to be honest I felt a bit flat about it all put it away and got on with other projects. Now I am ready to look at it again I will double check everything and if it does not improve I will post a video. I just can not believe the hassle. Thank you all again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000