Spinning crazy Solo. Any ideas on the problem?

Reaction score
Hi Solo Pilots! Any idea what could be causing this erratically flying on my Solo 3Dr?

Video here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can only add that I tried once to load a planned mission with the ArduPilot Mission Planner and maybe that's still loaded somewhere, although I I did a factory reset to the solo and now I am using the official app.

Any clue would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Gyro is FUBAR, almost 100% certain. Could also be magnetometer, but usually that is a slow drifting spin.

If a level calibration doesn't help I think you may need to source a new Cube

Reactions: brushhippie
IIRC someone had something similar... Something to do with selecting the wrong frame type in MP.

During take off, the pitch up, looks odd. Almost like a motor is dragging in power. Could be a prop not oriented correctly. Or you could have a failing motor.

My question, why would you fly with a gimbal installed knowing the bird is acting up....

Gyro is FUBAR, almost 100% certain.
Wouldn't the system prevent flight if a bad gyro?

If the gyro is not showing as present or is delivering SERIOUSLY bad data then the EKF will usually error out. But if the data is 'in range' it will still arm and fly.

But you do remind me that I should have asked way more questions, asked for logs, and considered more options rather than just confidently throwing out my first answer.

What can I say...it was late/early and I was feeling confident.

Last edited:
Hi Solo Pilots! Any idea what could be causing this erratically flying on my Solo 3Dr?

Video here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can only add that I tried once to load a planned mission with the ArduPilot Mission Planner and maybe that's still loaded somewhere, although I I did a factory reset to the solo and now I am using the official app.

Any clue would be appreciated!

I had this happen on the first flight of a used Solo. Doing a parameter reset solved the problem. Do a search for parameter reset. It was accomplished by setting a bit in a system psrameter, but I don't recall which one at the moment.

The gyro(s) are absolutely NOT the problem. It could be swapped motor rotation order (motor pods swapped place) or frame config.
post your dataflashlog and you can get a straight answer.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc