SPEED

Yeah, forget using that expensive gimbal flying at high speed! :D Flying 30 mph is kinda pushing it for the poor gimbal. :(
As soon as the price of the gimbal started to rise, I new I needed to protect it. My max speed for Solo with a gimbal attached is never more than 20mph. The Solo is not nimble regardless of what mode you fly in, but it is impressive how fast the 3.5 pound bird can fly.

With gimbal, camera, and filming - usually under 12mph, but I'm guessing that's not what you were asking.

With no gimbal, no camera, stock cube, and Chicago wind:
View attachment 8137

Is that a screenshot from your controller? I have yet to fly my 3DR. Yes, I know what am I waiting for? I just haven’t made the time yet. Maybe this spring/summer here in Northcentral MN.

As soon as the price of the gimbal started to rise, I new I needed to protect it. My max speed for Solo with a gimbal attached is never more than 20mph. The Solo is not nimble regardless of what mode you fly in, but it is impressive how fast the 3.5 pound bird can fly.

Darn Illinois is always windy! :( I'm not taking mine out until it's a lot warmer and little wind, this cold weather has me grounded.
Besides, the scenery in Illinois sucks with all these fields turned over and the farmers are getting in a hurry to get going in them.

Is that a screenshot from your controller? I have yet to fly my 3DR. Yes, I know what am I waiting for? I just haven’t made the time yet. Maybe this spring/summer here in Northcentral MN.
The screenshot is from Mission Planner playing back my tlog on a PC after my flight. I use Solex when flying and have it configured to save the tlogs for each flight.

It's pretty nimble in Acro with no gimbal. Check out some of the YouTube vids.

right tool for the right job, get a racer not a camera platform
Having said that, performance with the green cube in alt hold is insane

Reactions: Maddog
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle