SPAM

I assume you are talking about the tons of Chinese posts that just appear overnight. Other forums seem to be dealing with the same issue. Do you have any information on why this happening or how this is beneficial to the spammer?

Sorry for the spam lately. They are hitting this site hard lately so we'll be switching to a manual approval of all new accounts for a while.

C.
I had to block countries by CIDR address at my router. Yeah the SPAM and script kiddie hack attempt traffic is bad. The traffic was so high that I shut down www.nfnnet.org for a while to hopefully reduce the hack attempt traffic. All in incoming ports blocked

Mainly they just try and add links to their sites for SEO purposes. They may get away with it for a few days on some sites with admins that don't pay much attention. We can block all posts or new accounts from other countries but they just proxy into US IPs and work it from that angle. Just playing whack-a-mole essentially. Once they realize its more trouble than it is worth here, they'll move on...

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377