Something New from 3DR

Reaction score
Something different for a change, I ordered online through their site a new shell kit and received it four days later. I was almost in shock. My son called me and said a packaged arrived from 3DR and thought it was my gimbal but it wasnt but still shocked it came so fast.:D:D

If you order a gimbal today you'll probably get it next week. In the meantime April orders are not fulfilled...how crazy is that?

If you order a gimbal today you'll probably get it next week. In the meantime April orders are not fulfilled...how crazy is that?
I don't get it either! I still waiting for DroneFly to complete my order. But then I only waited 2wks for a motor pod and four days for the shell. Which now I am trying to figure out how to paint it. Thinking a chrome/mirror!

I don't get it either! I still waiting for DroneFly to complete my order. But then I only waited 2wks for a motor pod and four days for the shell. Which now I am trying to figure out how to paint it. Thinking a chrome/mirror!
Wow, that would be nice!

Metallic paints may interfere with the compass and signal, I know it does if you use a metallic paint on a Phantom shell.

I feel you. Though not part of the april list, I did order mine early may only to hear a friend of mine who ordered in july already got his.

wth 3DR seriously.

I ordered with dronefly in june. Got the solo about end of july first of august with the gopro. Nothing else yet. Ordered a motorpod got it three weeks later and the best one yet is the shell. Those were ordered through 3dr. I have five full set of props that i pulled from the self at BB and a batt from BB shelf.

I ordered ones with dronefly in June. Got the solo about end of july first of august with the gopro. Nothing else yet. Ordered a motorpod got it three weeks later and the best one yet is the shell. Those were ordered through 3dr. I have five full set of props that i pulled from the self at BB and a batt from BB shelf.
Same here with Dronefly. Ordered one of mine from them in May. Got Solo end of July. I called wondering why the delay (beyond 3DR) and they said it was because they got more orders than everyone else. Saw actual numbers somewhere of distributors and Dronefly was last. They won't ship anything but Solo until EVERYTHING comes in. I originally ordered backpack props batteries etc. I ended up canceling all but the gimbal (and free battery) and waiting on those. Walked in to a Fry's in Phoenix the next day and got everything I cancelled at the same price. Contacted them last week re: the gimbal, and they confirmed I was one of the early orders, and they had shipment from 3DR, but expected I would get the gimbal from them in "4 to 5 weeks". Not kidding... I asked why the delay. They gave me the same answer. I called them on it saying they were last in sales. They never responded (5 days ago).

First and Last time I deal with them.

Last edited:
I will never deal with them again. I wanted to cancel but since i have waited this long whats another two weeks. But never going back to them. I am ordering direct from 3DR or walking into BB and getting it off the shelf.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
They are trying to save money on shipping . Instead all they are doing is losing customers for a whole 10 dollar shipping fee

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
I will never deal with them again. I wanted to cancel but since i have waited this long whats another two weeks. But never going back to them. I am ordering direct from 3DR or walking into BB and getting it off the shelf.
Exactly. In the long run, I think Fry's will be a good place to "walk in" also. The one I walked into on Baseline Rd. in Phoenix had a lot of shelf space for Solo, and numerous replacement/add on parts for Iris.

Fry's would be my pick over Best Buy any day. A lot more geeky than BB, tons of computer parts, and more savvy personnel.

They are trying to save money on shipping . Instead all they are doing is losing customers for a whole 10 dollar shipping fee
Yes. What is really frustrating is that (except for the props) I could order each if the items separately from Dronefly and have them shipped both free, and as they each came in. I pointed that out to a rep and asked why shouldn't I just cancel my current orders and reorder seperately? Her answer was that if I did that, they would put me "squarely" (her words) in the back of the order line, and I would get my items "much" (again her words) later.... I told here, as long as I'm being punished for quirks in their ordering, and going to the back of the line, I will go to the back of someone elses line thank you... Please cancel my orders except for the gimbal and free bettery.....

Drove over to Fry's, and picked up the items the same day.

They lost that order, but more importantly, future orders...

Fry's would be my pick over Best Buy any day. A lot more geeky than BB, tons of computer parts, and more savvy personnel.
I am very familiar with Fry's I visit and stock up on parts when I visit family in Pheonix. Wish there was a Fry's in New Jersey but there isn't so i am limited to BB.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc