Solotool vs MadHackers

• SoloTool

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Madhackers

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am contemplating whether to buy the Solotool or the MadHackers battery diagnostic tool.

I have the Madhackers too...which works great, but also have the Solotool on.order to check. Ping me in about two weeks and I can tell you what I find. They seem to display the same data when I checked their screen shots.

I ordered the SoloTool tester as part of the group buy :)

Not exactly sure how the SoloTool came to be as I didn't think there was that big a market for a tool to test just the Solo battey. I have used the Madhacker for about a year and find it provides way more info than I can comprehend. I have no clue how it compares to the newer SoloTool but there have been several posts in FB that attest the Madhacker is superior but nothing as to specifically why.

Glad to see the Group buy was set up. To my way of thinking I can't imagine Solo operation without one. The $30 price sure helps the cause. From what I can see the SoloTool provides all the necessary intel.

That said, if you already own the Madhacker or are considering buying one here's a case I came up with that will protect it. 3DR Solo Madhacker Battery Tester Case by Purplemon

Here's a case for the V2 SoloTool-. 3DR Solo Tool V2 enclosure by jonbrotherton

Here's a link for the V1 SoloTool case- SoBaDX2.0.stl

Last edited:
Reactions: Wetstone
Madhacker's tool has more data , more reverse-engineered info like discharge history and misc warnings about cell/pack health. -apparently based on better understanding of the pack than just the parts that are included in ArduPilot project.
- And: proven to release useful updates.

Reactions: skyhax and jimloss
Madhacker's tool has more data , more reverse-engineered info like discharge history and misc warnings about cell/pack health. -apparently based on better understanding of the pack than just the parts that are included in ArduPilot project.
- And: proven to release useful updates.
Thanks for the heads up. I had no clue the SoloTool spawns out of the AuduPilot Community. That explains a lot.

Andre (Madhacker) is a great guy. We had a excellent email interaction a while back when my tester stopped working which came about by my fat fingering the plug prongs one time to many. He walked me through a diagnostic that exposed the fail which I was able to easily retify with a dab of solder. That's what prompted me to design the case.

With the conspicuous absence of the orininators coupled with the multiplatform capabilities of Solex and the name change of the ArduPilot FB page I am beginning to sense a slow pull out as far as the Solo goes. Can't say that I blame them. The good news is there seems to be a second generation of very knowledgeable folks that have come online that will keep the party going for a while longer.

Reactions: Waveriderz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela