Sololink No Internet Connection

NAR

Reaction score
just bought a new 3DR solo and getting hung up on connecting iPhone/iPad connected to controller. Everything seems to work the way it should but when I go to connect sololink via wifi I get an explanation mark on the connection stating "no internet connection" even though my iPhone has cellular and I have already downloaded the update from the web and ready to upload to controller/solo. I have read all the threads related to this but nothing identical that has remedied. Any ideas???

I ran into this same problem; the solution is to assign your own opinion address in the sololink wireless configuration. Assign an up address; I used 10.1.1.199 and put in the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. And leave the gateway blank. It will now connect to the solo link and allow you to get to the internet as well over cellular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I understand correctly, you've already successfully downloaded the updates. Now it wants you to reconnect to Solos WiFi to complete the setup.

"Wifi" means to connect to the internet to iPhone. However, SoloLink wifi is a type of connection between iPhone and Solo, not for internet.
So, "no internet connection" means "you can't acccess any internet via SoloLink AP" which is fine and true as you are using SoloLink AP to control your Solo.

"Wifi" means to connect to the internet to iPhone. However, SoloLink wifi is a type of connection between iPhone and Solo, not for internet.
So, "no internet connection" means "you can't acccess any internet via SoloLink AP" which is fine and true as you are using SoloLink AP to control your Solo.
Yes, I have 4 Solos, I understand. I'm suggesting it might be easier to simply do it the way most do and use WiFi for everything during setup - download update to phone, reconnect phone to Solo WiFi and upload update to controller and Solo, allow controller and Solo to go through their update process, reconnect to Solo and go fly.

Reactions: SARDG
Yes, I have 4 Solos, I understand. I'm suggesting it might be easier to simply do it the way most do and use WiFi for everything during setup - download update to phone, reconnect phone to Solo WiFi and upload update to controller and Solo, allow controller and Solo to go through their update process, reconnect to Solo and go fly.

I don't have any objections to your post at all. Maybe <"Wifi"> part in my post made confusion?

And yes it is much better way to update Solo especially with a small data plan like me.

I was just trying to tell OP about "no internet connection" indicator on iPhone. :)

I don't have any objections to your post at all. Maybe <"Wifi"> part in my post made confusion?

And yes it is much better way to update Solo especially with a small data plan like me.

I was just trying to tell OP about "no internet connection" indicator on iPhone. :)
Yep, I understand! I'd just gotten the impression the OP was a bit confused. ;)

try to reinstall Solo APP, or try to update solo with an other mobile

"no internet connection" when connected to the wifi named "Sololink" is normal and you can ignore that

just bought a new 3DR solo and getting hung up on connecting iPhone/iPad connected to controller. Everything seems to work the way it should but when I go to connect sololink via wifi I get an explanation mark on the connection stating "no internet connection" even though my iPhone has cellular and I have already downloaded the update from the web and ready to upload to controller/solo. I have read all the threads related to this but nothing identical that has remedied. Any ideas???
Any luck with this????

i have no internet connection on the iPhone Customer support sucks a fat one and you can't get through to anyone. The drone was operating with live video and everything on my brothers samsung. Still cannot get internet connection on the solo link part to update the phone to the controller. VERYYYY ANNOYING PLEASE HELP ASAP

uggg
guys the sololink has no internet connection ever
today
tomorrow
next week
its normal
go to youtube and watch the several videos on how to upgrade.
You have to download the update on your 4g or wifi, then connect to solo and do the update

gave this one to someone else for the same reason and they resolved it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I understand that now. I just tried my wife's iPhone and it worked with hers. My iPhone six refuses to connect with the solo link even after I get the check mark on the wifi. Suggestions? I factory reset drone deleted app. Reset my network settings. Looks like my IP address is different then when I tri d with my wife's phone. Very annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40