Solo

This is what I got a couple of weeks ago from B&H (and no, I'm not affiliated with them). I prefer a second battery for $25 less than 8 props).

3DR Solo Quadcopter Bundle with Gimbal for GoPro HERO3+ / HERO4

*Edit: Just noticed that the eBay item has the backpack... That makes it a little more difficult to choose (but I still prefer having an extra battery). Oh, B&H has no sales tax (irrelevant when compared to eBay) and free delivery (you're saving $40 against eBay).

Reactions: xman4242
Thanks for the swift replies! I also found this on Best buy. 3DR - Geek Squad Certified Refurbished Solo Drone with Gimbal and Backpack - Black
Is this a good deal? Sorry for all the questions. New to 3dr, but not to drones in general. Thanks

Those bundles ran out very quickly and aren't available anymore. But if you're still wondering: It was good enough for me to buy because I want the backpack (about $90 by itself) and having a complete second drone and controller as a backup for essentially $110 is a no-brainer. The only reason why I still suggest that you go with B&H is because the Best Buy bundle is refurbished by Geek Squad (not 3DR) and the B&H bundle is new.

Those bundles ran out very quickly and aren't available anymore. But if you're still wondering: It was good enough for me to buy because I want the backpack (about $90 by itself) and having a complete second drone and controller as a backup for essentially $110 is a no-brainer. The only reason why I still suggest that you go with B&H is because the Best Buy bundle is refurbished by Geek Squad (not 3DR) and the B&H bundle is new.
Ok thanks you

One last thing. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap GoPro? I don't care if it is refurbished, or what model it is as long as it is compatible with this drone. Don't plan to use it for much else besides this drone.

One last thing. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap GoPro? I don't care if it is refurbished, or what model it is as long as it is compatible with this drone. Don't plan to use it for much else besides this drone.
I got a used Hero 3+ Black from Adorama in "E" condition for $120. Fucking thing didn't give me live feed and now it's on its way back. What a waste of time.

This is what I got:

GoPro HERO 4 Black CHDHX-401 HERO4 at B&H Photo

It has a WHOLE bunch of stuff that I didn't want but now I think that I'll be using the GP a whole lot more.

Thank you all for the answers! I am planning on buying the Drone from B&H with the extra battery, and a GoPro off of eBay because I do not want to spend the 300 it would cost me to get a new GoPro. One last thing. Are there any accessories that I should get? Such as leg extension or prop guards? Thanks to all for being so helpful!

Print, read, study, and carry the manual.
Use "search" frequently on this site, before asking...
Fly within sight.

I bought prop guards, used them all of twice...but PolarPro lights are well worth it, very easy to see which way it's going. I personally love those.
I also did the 3DR GPS shield, then did the GPS mod, and bought me a Nexus 7 2013 cheap off EBay and got Solex as opposed to staying on my iOS device (last iOS update caused me concern when the app stopped working, but then 3DR fixed it). Solex lets you sleep at night...
Enjoy. And contribute!

Thank you all for the answers! I am planning on buying the Drone from B&H with the extra battery, and a GoPro off of eBay because I do not want to spend the 300 it would cost me to get a new GoPro. One last thing. Are there any accessories that I should get? Such as leg extension or prop guards? Thanks to all for being so helpful!
XMan - Get a GoPro Hero 4 Silver if you can find one. My Hero 3 didn't work when I bought my Solo, and I think it's because firmware updates to the Hero 3 went beyond what the Solo currently supports. My Hero 4 Silver works great with my Solo. Hero 5's don't fit on the gimbal (obviously).

XMan - Get a GoPro Hero 4 Silver if you can find one. My Hero 3 didn't work when I bought my Solo, and I think it's because firmware updates to the Hero 3 went beyond what the Solo currently supports. My Hero 4 Silver works great with my Solo. Hero 5's don't fit on the gimbal (obviously).
Oh ok thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using 3DRPilots Drone Forum mobile app

Master airscrew props are a must.
Also, try Amazon for the refurbished GoPro. Picked up my 3 for about 150

Took the plunge and ordered a GoPro. Solo will be coming soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea