Solo vs P3 Standard

Reaction score
I know there is a few threads on this already, but they are all from 2016 and 2015. If you have seen other threads I posted, you know I have yet to buy a drone. I am just looking for other opinions. I did read that Solo's gps is odd. Leaning twords, the solo, just want to make sure I will be satisfied with my purchase before I spend 400-500 bucks.
Or is there a completely different drone under 500 I should get?

Last edited:
If you are looking for an aerial video platform, and are ok using a GoPro as the camera there isn't anything close to Solo for that price point.
If you want a more "Apple like" experience and have deep pockets I'd look at the Mavic Pro.

If you already own a GoPro, AND want to use the Solo's Smart Shots (which are a KILLER great way to take video that DJI products can't touch), and/or if perhaps you want more of an "open source" drone, where you can tinker with settings basically to your heart's content, get the Solo.

If not, get the Phantom...but I'd suggest the P3 Advanced to get Lightbridge...you can get an Advanced (esp refurb) for not much more than a P3 Standard, and I think you'd be much happier in the long run.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela