Solo Video Monitor questions???

Reaction score
I am fairly new to Solo, I have had mine for about 7 months. I have been approached by the landlord of our local RC Clubs flying field and asked if I could find him a Solo (which I have done) and help him set it up. Problem is, as it turns out, he doesn't own a smart phone and doesn't want to pay for service on a smart phone (or tablet) in order to fly the Solo. So my question is, Is having service to the phone a necessity and if it is does anyone know a work around? There has got to be a way...
Thanks,
Scotty68

I am fairly new to Solo, I have had mine for about 7 months. I have been approached by the landlord of our local RC Clubs flying field and asked if I could find him a Solo (which I have done) and help him set it up. Problem is, as it turns out, he doesn't own a smart phone and doesn't want to pay for service on a smart phone (or tablet) in order to fly the Solo. So my question is, Is having service to the phone a necessity and if it is does anyone know a work around? There has got to be a way...
Thanks,
Scotty68

I only use a Samsung 7 inch tablet, no service or internet access .I did have to connect it to wifi to download the apps etc.

If you are using smart shots, I believe you can cache the maps where you are flying over wifi before you go out and fly solo, do a search on andriod os map cache , I did read about it here somewhere. My birds are mainly used with my Nikon camera so I only need the tablet to view what I am photographing.

Hope this helps

No you can use any Android or iPad you want. You need to be able to connect them to his WiFi so he can download and cash maps.

Reactions: Scotty68

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986