SOLO Up Then Upside Down Then Kiss Ground

Reaction score
Finally got a great day to fly so I took 3 solo out for a spin. A great day —-THEN——my one remaining (green cube, here gps) solo does a unsteady dance just after take off. I landed quickly and began looking for something, then anything, then decided to redo the calibrations. On the second flight it rose nice and steady, I have it at a hover 10 ft. up. I then moved it froward slowly, that when in grirated wildly, flipped upside down and kissed the ground. After the shock wore off I picked up the battered solo and started to investigate. Nothing visually obvious, but I remembered once when I first started flying a solo spun around and crashed. That time I had put the motor buds in the wrong order This time, however, they were correct. So it leaves me guessing. What if one of the pods are not up to speed? Would this cause this behavior? Unless someone has another, more informed, reason, I will put all new motor pods in and see what happens.
If anyone feels they have another way to go please chim in. Also, does anyone know how to properly check the engine pods as part of preflight inspection.

Finally got a great day to fly so I took 3 solo out for a spin. A great day —-THEN——my one remaining (green cube, here gps) solo does a unsteady dance just after take off. I landed quickly and began looking for something, then anything, then decided to redo the calibrations. On the second flight it rose nice and steady, I have it at a hover 10 ft. up. I then moved it froward slowly, that when in grirated wildly, flipped upside down and kissed the ground. After the shock wore off I picked up the battered solo and started to investigate. Nothing visually obvious, but I remembered once when I first started flying a solo spun around and crashed. That time I had put the motor buds in the wrong order This time, however, they were correct. So it leaves me guessing. What if one of the pods are not up to speed? Would this cause this behavior? Unless someone has another, more informed, reason, I will put all new motor pods in and see what happens.
If anyone feels they have another way to go please chim in. Also, does anyone know how to properly check the engine pods as part of preflight inspection.
You can upload the Solo logs maybe the folks here can tell you what failure occured.

Last edited:
Yo can upload the Solo logs maybe the folks here can tell you what failure occured.
Now I have to admit it. I don't have a clue how the do this. Would those be the one with the udp perference? If so there doesn't seem to a way to figure one from the other. There are a LOT of those from that date. I grew 3 drones that day. There are no flight logs recorded. If up I could send the small ones, just based on short flight t ime.

Now I have to admit it. I don't have a clue how the do this. Would those be the one with the udp perference? If so there doesn't seem to a way to figure one from the other. There are a LOT of those from that date. I grew 3 drones that day. There are no flight logs recorded. If up I could send the small ones, just based on short flight t ime.

Download Wookiee from Google Play and grab the last 3 dataflash logs. Very easy.
Wookiee - Android Apps on Google Play

Had something like this happen to me the other day. Took Solo for a flight and it flew fine the entire flight. Except when I brought it back to land, when it was about 4 feet off the ground it decided to drift toward the shed and slammed into it destroying 2 of the props. [emoji37]

Had something like this happen to me the other day. Took Solo for a flight and it flew fine the entire flight. Except when I brought it back to land, when it was about 4 feet off the ground it decided to drift toward the shed and slammed into it destroying 2 of the props. [emoji37]
Those logs would be interesting too.

What is the shed made of?

It's a wooden shed, fully insulated and shingled roof. Has electrical too. Now that I think of it it was probably my fault because it happened in my backyard where the house blocked sattellite signal

Reactions: carpy
It's a wooden shed, fully insulated and shingled roof. Has electrical too. Now that I think of it it was probably my fault because it happened in my backyard where the house blocked sattellite signal
Don't get lazy. Always land in FLY: MANUAL. I got lazy once. ONCE.

Reactions: XevetS
I started this now I'm hung up. I installed wookiee on my flight pad. I typed solo in wookiee and it come back wit 3 files (I assumed from the three drones) . I pressed download and that's the last I saw of them. Now I'm puting my problem drone back together again and see if they are still there so I can get them again. The tough landing did a job on my Here GPS so I'll put an old one in for now. Anyway this will take me a while so l will be back.
For my future edification, take me by the hand, treat me like a 3 year old and say things like touch this, push this, etc. I obviously need it.

I started this now I'm hung up. I installed wookiee on my flight pad. I typed solo in wookiee and it come back wit 3 files (I assumed from the three drones) . I pressed download and that's the last I saw of them. Now I'm puting my problem drone back together again and see if they are still there so I can get them again. The tough landing did a job on my Here GPS so I'll put an old one in for now. Anyway this will take me a while so l will be back.
For my future edification, take me by the hand, treat me like a 3 year old and say things like touch this, push this, etc. I obviously need it.
Been meaning to put a quick Wookiee tutorial together for a while now. Maybe this will help:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: RichWest and XevetS
Been meaning to put a quick Wookiee tutorial together for a while now. Maybe this will help:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I checked it out, but to my dismay, I could not follow it. Just goes to fast. I tried stopping it after each move, but my mind needs a human voice (or something ).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo