Solo "SOLO" or "Bundle"

Reaction score
I need another drone like I need a hole in my head but I'm sure most if you know what that's like. Solo "SOLO" at 230 or 400 for the bundle with gimbal, backpack and it looks like an extra battery. On one side I was thinking the bundle assuming it would come with a Rev b but not sure if this is 100% proven or just anecdotal at this point. I could get away with just the SOLO as I have several other drones with significantly better glass than my GoPro would offer so trying to decide which way makes more sense.

Don't get caught up in the "rev a or b" thing.
Both of mine have rev a and they work flawlessly.

I don't know if you need the bundle but of course you need a gimbal and extra batteries are a must.

Where did you see this? Maybe I missed it in your post somewhere.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Don't get caught up in the "rev a or b" thing.
Both of mine have rev a and they work flawlessly.

I don't know if you need the bundle but of course you need a gimbal and extra batteries are a must.

Where did you see this? Maybe I missed it in your post somewhere.
"You need a gimbal" ... To fly w/out lag for FPV (Ie - using the camera to control the drone when it gets out of VLOS? or need the gimbal in order to video? I have a P4P, MP that I will still rely on for video and camera so not necessarily plan to shoot footage with the solo.

Reactions: Maddog
"You need a gimbal" ... To fly w/out lag for FPV (Ie - using the camera to control the drone when it gets out of VLOS? or need the gimbal in order to video? I have a P4P, MP that I will still rely on for video and camera so not necessarily plan to shoot footage with the solo.
Sorry, meant to specify the gimbal is only needed for photography.

Sorry, meant to specify the gimbal is only needed for photography.
Thanks - I'm still torn between the base and bundle. If the gimbal had not skyrocketed I'd probably just get the base. I really have no need for another high end camera drone. I can't think of a time where I'd take the solo with gopro out over my P4P or MP for that matter. Having said that if I don't get the bundle I'm sure I'll kick myself - lol. My original vision for the solo was to just use it to rip it around the sky in sport mode, similar to how I fly my helicopters.

In my opinion, you really need the gimbal with the Solo. Its forte is photography/videography using the exceptional gimbal control features (which are still better than DJI, IMHO). The bundle is $170 more than the Solo by itself. Gimbals now are going for around $150, backpacks can be found for about $90, and batteries are still $49.95. If you really do get backpack, gimbal and extra battery, that sounds like a good deal. The $399 bundle at BH Photo looks to be only Solo and gimbal. Downside: The Solo is locked to legacy GoPro cameras.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea