Solo solex app

Reaction score
i just ordered a 3DR solo and need a tablet to run solo and the solex app will this one work?
Acer Iconia One 7" 16GB Android 7.0 Tablet with MT8167 Quad-Core Processor
Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure how much you're spending on that tablet but it appears to be underpowered.

Hello brianuc4 I have the same question except that I have not bought a tablet yet and would appreciate your advice as if you where buying one today what would you buy based on your and fellow flyers experiences, trial and errors. This is probably going to stir up all the ass holes and know it alls about doing my own home work well I have still have many questions and really could use your advice and any other information you can share or guide me to someone who has the time to help me with this issue thank you (assess need not reply

I use my cell phone (galaxy Note 5) and it works well with no issues. I did a quick search of the tablet your asking about and personally I think it's a little underpowered is all. You should go for a used one on Ebay with better specs like higher resolution and a better processor that way you get the most for your money. I can't remember the model but alot of people here recommend a few good cheap tablets. Just make sure and get an android alot of people report issues with apple and solex

I use my cell phone (galaxy Note 5) and it works well with no issues. I did a quick search of the tablet your asking about and personally I think it's a little underpowered is all. You should go for a used one on Ebay with better specs like higher resolution and a better processor that way you get the most for your money. I can't remember the model but alot of people here recommend a few good cheap tablets. Just make sure and get an android alot of people report issues with apple and solex
Solex was not designed to run on iOS. Only Android.

That's a great price. I picked up the Lenovo P8 a few weeks back for $130 (Gearbest). Great prices, but they have very slow and inefficient delivery! As a standard tablet, it seems to work very well, and I'm impressed with the build quality. The display is gorgeous and with 8 cores it should have the necessary horsepower. Size and weight are good too. For the money, I'd say it's a great deal. Just be prepared to wait at least 2+ weeks for delivery to the USA.

I have yet to try it with the Solo, because it was not intended to be used as my goto droning device since I have a Shield K1 for that. May test it out with the Solo today to see how it performs.

Rick

yeah guys dont scrimp on a tablet, its a key piece
if you get a crappy tablet, then you will be on here posting about odd problems that no one else has, and cant help you with.

That's a great price. I picked up the Lenovo P8 a few weeks back for $130 (Gearbest). Great prices, but they have very slow and inefficient delivery! As a standard tablet, it seems to work very well, and I'm impressed with the build quality. The display is gorgeous and with 8 cores it should have the necessary horsepower. Size and weight are good too. For the money, I'd say it's a great deal. Just be prepared to wait at least 2+ weeks for delivery to the USA.

I have yet to try it with the Solo, because it was not intended to be used as my goto droning device since I have a Shield K1 for that. May test it out with the Solo today to see how it performs.

Rick

Ordered for 122$! i hope it will work fine with my Solo ;)

Ordered for 122$! i hope it will work fine with my Solo ;)
I did try my P8 yesterday with my Solo. It was just a quick and short flight in my driveway as I live in a no fly zone(NFZ), but it seemed to work fine. Since our house is semi in the woods, there are tall trees all around, so I don't have a lot of room to maneuver, nor do I venture very high. It was a brisk day with some gusty winds and the Solo was fairly rock-solid and steady. I never was in direct sunlight, but the screen was very readable. I think you'll be very happy with it, and overall it should perform well with your Solo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela