Solo Simulator

Reaction score
Website
www.barkingdeerphotography.com
This wasn't well publicized, but 3DR has a new free Solo Simulator in the App store.

It isn't well documented. In fact, it isn't documented at all.

I did figure out that I had to turn on the controller, keep the Solo off, and connect my iPad to the controller WiFi. But, couldn't get the simulator running.

Looks like it will be awesome, but where to find instructions? On-line perhaps?

guess you didnt search for a solo simulator topic before making one eh?

usually its best to post in those as some may get a notification there's a post in that thread.
Why are you needing the solo for the simulator? It doesnt need it.
Turn on your controller, turn on the app then connect to the controller wifi. boom done.

I just tried this just now and no problems for me.

Last edited:
Never said I needed the Solo (in fact I wrote that I kept the Solo off). Nope, Solo Simulator (iOS) still doesn't work. Used a magnifying glass to see the props turning. Took off once, could take off and land with FLY and RTH, but the sticks were unresponsive. Count yourself lucky.

Also, it takes a while for the simulator to complete a handshake with the controller, but still the sticks did not work.

BTW, I did search for a simulator topic. Wasn't there.

3DR contacted me by email. I found out on my own that having the WiFi connection to the controller active BEFORE I start the simulator app helps. If there seems to be a connection problem it has helped to do a cold restart of the app. This is not as easy to do on iOS as it seems. I needed to double tap the Home button on iPad to get a carousel display of “open” apps, then swipe upward on the ones I want to close. When it starts cold the app then connects to the controller.

3DR contacted me by email. I found out on my own that having the WiFi connection to the controller active BEFORE I start the simulator app helps. If there seems to be a connection problem it has helped to do a cold restart of the app. This is not as easy to do on iOS as it seems. I needed to double tap the Home button on iPad to get a carousel display of “open” apps, then swipe upward on the ones I want to close. When it starts cold the app then connects to the controller.
This is good info. Thanks.
In summary:
  • Connect to controller wifi first, then launch Simulator app.
  • If there's a problem, force quit the Simulator app, power cycle the controller and start over.

Reactions: Kaiman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo