Solo rev b gps

Reaction score
Does the rev B solo gps receive all the worldly satellites? Or is the MRo the only one?

Ok thank you.

Any tri-band GPS will receive more. But bear in mind that not all M8N units are not created equal, and that such a unit may not be a magic cure-all for GPS problems. More satellites is better, but it is only part of the solution.
The Rev B appears to be a major improvement over the Rev A. It has better shielding and doesn't cold-start every-time the way that the Rev A units tend to. I routinely get 12-14 satellites with the Rev B and startup times are typically under a minute. Since you can buy a RevB for $25, it is a cost effective upgrade. The GPS Shield V2 helps even more.

Reactions: Eab210
Part of the problem with the Rev A boards is the battery installation was intended for an 'Always powered' GPS device, and therefore often runs out of power and needs to download the almanac and other data almost every time.

And as a side note the M8N seems to draw far less standby current than the Neo-7N, so the battery that was marginal for keeping the BBRAM alive for the Neo-7N is adequate for the M8N. I have an M8N from mRo that has not been powered for months and the battery is still showing 2.4Volts. Of course the Almanac and Ephemeris have long since expired, but the settings and RTC are still going.

Also worthy of note is that with all 3 constellations enabled, the M8N is only capable of about 3Hz solution rate.
https://www.u-blox.com/sites/default/files/GNSS-FW3.01_ReleaseNotes_(UBX-16000319)_Public.pdf
Paragraph 4.12
Note, they do say from flash, so if your M8N was updated from 2.01 firmware that is the case, but it is unclear from all the doc's I've read what the rate is for a ROM based M8N like the M8N-0-10.

Any tri-band GPS will receive more. But bear in mind that not all M8N units are not created equal, and that such a unit may not be a magic cure-all for GPS problems. More satellites is better, but it is only part of the solution.
The Rev B appears to be a major improvement over the Rev A. It has better shielding and doesn't cold-start every-time the way that the Rev A units tend to. I routinely get 12-14 satellites with the Rev B and startup times are typically under a minute. Since you can buy a RevB for $25, it is a cost effective upgrade. The GPS Shield V2 helps even more.
Where can one buy a Rev B for $25.00? 3DR hasn't had one for sale for at last 2 weeks, that I know of. Only thing there is the shield.

C6Joe

Where can one buy a Rev B for $25.00? 3DR hasn't had one for sale for at last 2 weeks, that I know of. Only thing there is the shield.

C6Joe
sorry, sale is over. hopefully they will have another one soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc