Solo not found??

Reaction score
Hi all,

I seem to be having issues doing the first pre-flight software update. It keeps telling me to make sure the Solo is on and paired with the controller.

Since Customer Support isn't open on weekends and I'm too impatient, I've tried factory resetting the controller and the solo already. The Solo doesn't seem to reset like it should. When I try to "re-pair" the Solo to the controller it doesn't prompt me to start the pairing process like the manual tells me it should.

Has anyone had this issue? Or could someone point me in the right direction as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

yes. In my case the issue was the controller.

Remove the battery from the controller and wait a while. You need for the electronics in the controller to reset.

From tech support:
"I believe the whole problem is in the controller. I recommend you disconnect the battery from the controller as I suspect that the computer inside the controller is not turning completely off.
After this please reboot"

Give it a shot then update us. If you are still having issues please report your sequence of steps and the results of each step.

Good Luck

Reactions: rrmccabe
Nope. Still won't connect. Left the battery removed from the controller all day while I was away. Performed the resets as stated. Still unable to find solo.

I'm in the same boat as you. New solo, did the update and get 4 solid green LED's and controller says "waiting for solo". Casey from Tech support was great in helping try to resolve the issue but it was a no go. They are supposed to be emailing me a return label today and when they receive the solo they are going to send me another one.

I'm in the same boat as you. New solo, did the update and get 4 solid green LED's and controller says "waiting for solo". Casey from Tech support was great in helping try to resolve the issue but it was a no go. They are supposed to be emailing me a return label today and when they receive the solo they are going to send me another one.
yep I'm in the same boat. Spoke with customer service after 3 days of waiting for a reply and they told me the Solo was most likely defective. Told me the easiest option was to return it to where I bought it and exchange it.

Have you tried re-pairing by performing a stick recalibration? Won't hurt if you're going to return anyway.
I have not. How would you perform this? I attempted to do the factory reset of both devices. But the pairing button on the under side of the Solo doesn't seem to be working correctly. That's what was deemed defective by the agent I spoke with.

Instead of waiting for a return label, I took it back to my local Best Buy. They let me return it no questions asked. I then ordered another that is being shipped to my house Tuesday!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421