solo newbie

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots.. got my 3dr solo about 2months ago.. just love it.. before this drone I had some cheaper ones. a syma x8 a mjx 101 a wltoys v666. .after flying the solo I feel like I'm in the big leages now..what a differance. This thing flies its self.. I puchased a refurbished one for $200 with no gimble.but I had a gopro 3+ black.. and it works great on the stationary mount.. I've done cable cam and orbit.. my question is can I do the other smart shots with just the stationary mount..also my flight time only seems to be about 15-16 mins...3dr claims 20 - 25 mins.. is my battery bad? ..other than that it works flawlesly...

Hello fellow pilots.. got my 3dr solo about 2months ago.. just love it.. before this drone I had some cheaper ones. a syma x8 a mjx 101 a wltoys v666. .after flying the solo I feel like I'm in the big leages now..what a differance. This thing flies its self.. I puchased a refurbished one for $200 with no gimble.but I had a gopro 3+ black.. and it works great on the stationary mount.. I've done cable cam and orbit.. my question is can I do the other smart shots with just the stationary mount..also my flight time only seems to be about 15-16 mins...3dr claims 20 - 25 mins.. is my battery bad? ..other than that it works flawlesly...

16-18 minutes is normal without a gimbal; like most manufacturers 3DR was a little overzealous with flight time claims.

You can fly any smart shot you want without a gimbal but the camera moves will not be coordinated with the flight path that Solo is famous for.

Vegasrobbi, post: 124200, member: 2654"]16-18 minutes is normal without a gimbal; like most manufacturers 3DR was a little overzealous with flight time claims.

You can fly any smart shot you want without a gimbal but the camera moves will not be coordinated with the flight path that Solo is famous for.[/QUOTE]
16-18 minutes is normal without a gimbal; like most manufacturers 3DR was a little overzealous with flight time claims.

You can fly any smart shot you want without a gimbal but the camera moves will not be coordinated with the flight path that Solo is famous for.
Thanks .

I'm thinkUOTE="daniel s, post: 124201, member: 13576"]Vegasrobbi, post: 124200, member: 2654"]16-18 minutes is normal without a gimbal; like most manufacturers 3DR was a little overzealous with flight time claims.

You can fly any smart shot you want without a gimbal but the camera moves will not be coordinated with the flight path that Solo is famous for.[/QUOTE]

Thanks .[/QUOTE]
Im thinking about the gimble but it cost more than the drone. .great forum.. will be posting more experiences later...so far no problems...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela