Solo Motor not Spinning up? Out of the blue!

Reaction score
So I took my Solo out today to search for and attempt a rescue of my Zagi Flying wing that went down in a stand of trees last night. Upon getting set up to fly the Solo I held down the "fly" button to spin up the motors and 3 spun up just fine but 1 did absolutely nothing. I shut everything down and started over....same thing. It doesn't make any sense to me, I just flew it last night with zero issues, tore down and put it back in it's case, charged batteries when I got home and that's it. It wasn't dropped or crashed or altered in any way, hell I didn't even take it out of the case. What could have happened? Has this happened to anyone else? I have already replaced on motor since I've owned this and it's only been about 6 weeks. Anybody got an idea?
SKuhn68

I did have this happen to me but INFLIGHT, (yes it crashed) pull the motor pad and check the red black power wires very closely for bad solder joints. Mine was on the pin connector under the shrink wrap but I have also seen it on the board.

I did have this happen to me but INFLIGHT, (yes it crashed) pull the motor pad and check the red black power wires very closely for bad solder joints. Mine was on the pin connector under the shrink wrap but I have also seen it on the board.
DaveB, As it turns out, that is exactly what happened. The bullet connector on the red wire had come totally disconnected. I don't know how this could have happened but I will definitely check the other three motors before I attempt another flight.
SKuhn68

If you are going in anyway, you might out a little bit of heatshrink on each bullet connection. Clear is preferable if you can find it... Helps with keeping things secured against vibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela