Solo Max amperage draw in flight

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the max amperage draw is for the solo in flight, which will probably when it flying a top speed. i am guessing around 15 amps based on the battery life, so 5200ma for 1 hr, so 10400ma for 1/2 hr and mine would drain its battery in 20 mins so it gotta be around 15 amps by my basic understanding.

does solo provide this information.

thanks
how900

You're asking max, but answering something else randomly.
  • Hovering, it will be 18-20 amps
  • Cruise flight around 15 mph will be 15-18 amps
  • Cruise flight 20-35 mph will be more 25-30 amp
  • Flanking speed of 35-40mph will be hitting the 40 amp limiter
  • Climbing will be 20-25 amps
  • Descents will be 13-15 amps
  • All of the above varies higher with wind
  • All of the above varies higher with extreme altitudes (up in mountains)

ok, thanks,
I have 6 batteries, they all have short flight time now, a couple of them down to 3 minutes, which is my fault for storing them charged, didn’t know the batteries should only be partially charge till I started reading up....but hey ho, that’s where I am now, so need a solution.
I have seen people ordering replacement batteries and getting batteries with less than expected life from a new battery.....probably because they were manufactures back in 2015 or there about. So I don’t want to buy new batteries that are already got limited flight time.
Has anyone tried modding something like a cordless drill battery, could my dewalt 5ah and 6 ah batteries do it if I used a voltage reducing circuit, whilst I understand lithium ion is heavier than li-po, 69926E24-C153-42D0-A7A6-A8C90262FE02.jpeg do you think the pack could put out enough amps, or am I just wasting my time ever considering it, ...because there will come a time soon when my solo won’t be flying because once the flight time is less than 10 minutes the batteries are not worth flyng anymore, be a shame to have to get a Dji just because of lack of batteries.

You're asking max, but answering something else randomly.
  • Hovering, it will be 18-20 amps
  • Cruise flight around 15 mph will be 15-18 amps
  • Cruise flight 20-35 mph will be more 25-30 amp
  • Flanking speed of 35-40mph will be hitting the 40 amp limiter
  • Climbing will be 20-25 amps
  • Descents will be 13-15 amps
  • All of the above varies higher with wind
  • All of the above varies higher with extreme altitudes (up in mountains)
Impossible!!! if we look at the data sheet of the motor,and if ay em not wrong about the model of the motor ( Sunnysky V2216 800Kv) the max amperage pull is 16A 30S ?????

Impossible!!! if we look at the data sheet of the motor,and if ay em not wrong about the model of the motor ( Sunnysky V2216 800Kv) the max amperage pull is 16A 30S ?????
I think you are miss understanding a lot of things. Max amp pull means nothing in this case. What is 30s. 30s would usually mean 111 volts.

16A 30s = 16Amps MAX 30Seconds all ower 30Seconds is a hazard for the motor
That may be. This has nothing to do with a Solo though. Even my F450 going from 0 to 400 feet in a few seconds only needs a total of 40Amps available. I still don't know what you are trying to say here. Just trying to help.

Maybe you are not understanding that the total Amp draw would be divided by four ( approx. ) to determine what each motor is drawing. The motors will be using a little more or less to stabilize the aircraft. The Solo also seems to use 1 Amp to power itself with a gimbal and camera.

Reactions: whizzing arrow
I think you are miss understanding a lot of things. Max amp pull means nothing in this case. What is 30s. 30s would usually mean 111 volts.
That may be. This has nothing to do with a Solo though. Even my F450 going from 0 to 400 feet in a few seconds only needs a total of 40Amps available. I still don't know what you are trying to say here. Just trying to help.
i am not trying to be smart ass more or less i need infos! the current rating of the ESC and the specs of the motor ? i have read on the net and groups the motors are Sunnysky V2216 800Kv from there ay em guessing that the ESC are MAX 20A maybe 30A and I come to my amazement how it is possible to pull 40A ? tnex man for understanding

Maybe you are not understanding that the total Amp draw would be divided by four ( approx. ) to determine what each motor is drawing. The motors will be using a little more or less to stabilize the aircraft. The Solo also seems to use 1 Amp to power itself with a gimbal and camera.
OMG TENX ay em mega stupid i have forgot on that :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela