Solo malfunction

Reaction score
So I crashed my Solo into a tree and lost a couple props. When I get it home and replace the props and restart it initially powers up but then I hear one of the rotors click and it shuts down after that. Every time I try to power it back on that rotor fidgets a tiny amount and I hear that click and it turns off. I've tried different batteries too. Any ideas?

It sounds like you have a short or failure in that motor pod caused by the crash.

Try to replace that motor pod.

So I crashed my Solo into a tree and lost a couple props. When I get it home and replace the props and restart it initially powers up but then I hear one of the rotors click and it shuts down after that. Every time I try to power it back on that rotor fidgets a tiny amount and I hear that click and it turns off. I've tried different batteries too. Any ideas?
It sounds like you have a bad motor..and Solo is shutting down because of it..you might have to replace it!
I would call 3DR and see what they say..

Cheers

Order your replacement motor before 1/1/2016. 3DR currently has 20% off. Use code: THX3DR20

BTW - code is only good ONE time. Choose your order wisely before using the code.

I had the same problem after running into tree early in my Solo experience. After hitting the tree and breaking two props the Solo hit the ground from about 20 feet and I lost 3 motors.

I learned two things. If I get in trouble hit the "pause" key quick and let if hover before trying to correct the situation. I panicked when I realized how close to the tree I was and instead of going away I ended up going into the tree.

Also learned how easy it is to replace the motor pods but be careful when removing the wires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc