Solo HDMI Issue

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I acquired a new solo recently and I’m having trouble getting a video feed through to the app. When I plug my GoPro straight into the HDMI itself with no gimbal, the video is glitchy and sometimes turns off mid-flight. When I use my gimbal, I get little to no live video at all. I bought a new HDMI cord and swapped the stock one out and the same problem occurred. Is this an issue with the HDMI port on the solo itself? Or is there some magic fix for this?

Based on your description and attempts to resolve, it's likely the HDMI port at the IMX6 (underneath the main board).

There are several threads here that offer a solution to what you are experiencing, search is your friend. I believe one is the "Foam or Spacer Mod" that many swear by. Some have pinched the HDMI connector to make the fit tighter. Others have simply replaced the IMX6 in Solo.

FWIW I think it is important to reattached the tie-wrap holding the HDMI cable to the main board, if it has been made unsecured. If not you have about 5" of bouncing HDMI cable working the connection. I placed a section of silicone tubing, as a spacer, where the tie-wrap is securing the cable. Two plus years later, no problems.

Good luck!

Reactions: dotmp4
Try a hard reset .if that does not help imx6 board may be bad check the gopro HDMI port last thing i would do is try smart shots follow me mode just to see if solo turn with you if not the imx6 board is going soon. i had similar to the same problems then my board went

Try a hard reset .if that does not help imx6 board may be bad check the gopro HDMI port last thing i would do is try smart shots follow me mode just to see if solo turn with you if not the imx6 board is going soon. i had similar to the same problems then my board went
I figured out it’s the imx6 board. How would I go about replacing that?

$12 used imx6 board for sell without sd card we're in the USA do you live. Does your imx6 light up orange and green then flash? Can you see a picture but when your about to take off it gets wacky or the picture delays or gets stuck try checking the pins or the HDMI port on the imx6 to see if there straight if not I have an imx6 that I could sell you no sd card

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986