Solo goes into spin after takeoff

Reaction score
So today I have experienced my solo just after takeoff just start spinning. Still does it after reboot and recalibration of compass and IMU

What mods and any recent mods?
Any error messages?
What app and firmware are you using?

It had a very fast error ekg or something like that but it cleared itself and went back to normal. Stock solo other than gps mod and I just changed the compass antenna

It had a very fast error ekg or something like that but it cleared itself and went back to normal. Stock solo other than gps mod and I just changed the compass antenna
Sounds like it's trying to keep itself oriented but fails which definitely could be a compass issue. What is the new compass and did it get installed correctly?

Plugged in correctly too?

Have you tried looking at the flight logs? Mag field values could be wonky and then solo is trying to interpret them.
Yeah it's plugged in correctly and I tried to look at the logs but I can't get them to open

Yeah it's plugged in correctly and I tried to look at the logs but I can't get them to open
You have to use Mission Planner (or similar software) to view them. The flight logs (tlog or BIN) will tell you what the solo is doing.

I had the the same problem when I did first flight on a used Solo. Thought I got screwed, but found in this forum that resetting the parameters is the solution. Did that and all is well.

Stock parameters

I had the the same problem when I did first flight on a used Solo. Thought I got screwed, but found in this forum that resetting the parameters is the solution. Did that and all is well.

Stock parameters
Resetting parameters could resolve it and it doesn't hurt anything. I did the same with a used cube when calibrations wouldn't take and then used Mission Planner for calibrations instead of 3DR or Solex apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000