Solo gimble tilt motor

Reaction score
my gimble manual tilt goes into an error phase after 10-12 minutes of flight and stops working...even though the camera functions all work normally...one diagnosis is an over heating tilt motor...because upon returning home and performing a level calibration the manual tilt function returns to normal ...does anyone have the part number for the tilt motor...or maybe a tilt motor on a gimble that otherwise that will no longer be in use...

All the gimbal motors are the same. They have shaft adapters to interface to the various axis.

It sounds like you have some mechanical restriction on the tilt motor. Going from bad to good...over and over. Check your tilt housing ribbons for anything grabbing at the ribbon cables... Could be your tilt axis is bent causing a bind, bad bearing maybe.

It happened to me as well after 15min of flight but after 2min of weak knees and pushing RTL it stabilized itself. The gimbal was in contact with a capacitor I solder to the PCB and it was shaking all the time. Maybe this was the cause of it. Later I removed the capacitor. I don't know if it is the same error as yours. I saw as well on youtube a guy who had the same issue. I believe it is not fixable with the original gimbal. Maybe with a Storm32 gimbal it is. To me it has happened just one time.

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
I'll be working on deconstructing a few gimbals I've acquired- DOAs or shakey crazy ones - be nice to know how they can be remanufactured

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle