Solo Gimbal won't work after 1.3 update

Reaction score
My friend (unfortunately I do not have Solo by my own ;) ) received his Solo and gimbal few days ago.
First preflight update went without of any problems - I think it was 1.2.x version(the last one before 1.3) He perform it with iPhone 5s.
Afterwards everything was working perfect. He even performs short fly. Solo and gimbal works flawlessly.
Problem occurred after updating to 1.3:
Solo and controller updated, boots up, connects and working fine,
but gimbal is not working and blinking orange led
manual says:
  • Blinking orange: the gimbal is booting up (commonly seen while performing an update)
I think there something went wrong during update procedure - but would like to check with Other - more advanced Users -
Is there Any One with similar problem?
Maybe someone figured up how to recover (probably) bricked Solo gimbal?

Thanks
Peter

My friend (unfortunately I do not have Solo by my own ;) ) received his Solo and gimbal few days ago.
First preflight update went without of any problems - I think it was 1.2.x version(the last one before 1.3) He perform it with iPhone 5s.
Afterwards everything was working perfect. He even performs short fly. Solo and gimbal works flawlessly.
Problem occurred after updating to 1.3:
Solo and controller updated, boots up, connects and working fine,
but gimbal is not working and blinking orange led
manual says:
  • Blinking orange: the gimbal is booting up (commonly seen while performing an update)
I think there something went wrong during update procedure - but would like to check with Other - more advanced Users -
Is there Any One with similar problem?
Maybe someone figured up how to recover (probably) bricked Solo gimbal?

Thanks
Peter

Call 3dr support. They will walked u thru resetting the gimbal and controller bc it's stuck. U will need a paper clip to press a reset button located under the solo.

Thank you for this information. Sorry - I did not mentioned - contacting support and reseting Solo ware first thing we done.
Maybe some one know procedure of reseting gimbal only?
Regards

if you actually called solo tech support and spoke to someone, they would have you walked you through resetting the gimbal which is what I originally said. you can't just reset gimbal by itself.

there's no way you called them because this is simple to get fixed.

Sorry for not so clear information on first post - we did contact our local ( I'm from Poland) Solo tech support, they contacted European tech support.
Afterwards We ware asked by tech support to perform factory reset( manual clearly said to contact tech support befor performing factory reset)
It was done yesterday befor my first post.
In fact factory reset ware performed two times- with and without gimbal connected.
Solo of course is working fine, so is the controller - it is flying and performing all the "smart shots" and everything as designed.
But gimbal is not working still - that is why I ask here on forum.
My first thoughts was that someone has similar problem and know some workaround.

Thanks anyway
Regards

Can you tell us what the situation was with the gimbal and gopro when you did the update.
Was the gopro in there?.
Was it switched on?

I wasn't present at the update process. We do not have a lot of experience with Solo - so some of details may escape our attention.

My friend don't remember if GoPro was switched on, but it was in the gimbal.
I've read somewhere in this forum - that there are some differences between versions of Solo software- some versions turn on GoPro during Solo startup some don't. I suppose that Solo come with 1.2x version but I don't know if that version turned on his GoPro

I have the same problem. I got my solo today, without gimbal. Performed the upgrade to 1.3, and I had picture and everything. Decided to go and buy the gimbal, so I did.
Installed the gimbal as instructed but Controller says "solo gimbal not found". Did a factory reset of both the controller and solo, and did the upgrade once again, this time with the gimbal installed, and with gopro in the gimbal, installation went ok, but still the gimbal seems "dead". no activity whats so ever.
So im very interested in any from of solution, cause this kinda sucks big time.

My friend sent his gimbal (at the end of last week) to tech support. Currently we are waiting for the answer from them, and hopefully it will be provided soon. I will let You know what was the problem.

Ok, thats great. But this kinda pisses me of. Is there a known issue with some of the gimbals? This is not acceptable for a rtf system of this price range.

It looks like few people have "some" problems with gimbal - kind randomly - there is no "official" info about any issue.
Does Your gimbal led blinking(any color) ?

well, i have now performed yet another factory reset, and now it looks like i can't even get contact with the solo anymore... sigh...
so i cant perform a software upgrade as there is no conntact with the solo. I have tried the "pair" button, but it doesnt matter, it starts to blink, but the controller doesn't give the option to pair anymore, and when it did earlier it didnt matter, it said still not connected...
There's no gimbal leds that i can see are blinking or similar. the SSWT button under the gimbal compartment, whats it for?
I will be most disappointed if im forced to go with a phantom 3 due to this most irritating stuff... 3DR should look up QC and what it stands for.....

The solo starts up with the initial beeps, and all lights are green, and it stays that way. it doesnt go any further, eg goes to front white back red light.
Any idea what could have happend?

Before sending gimbal to tech we ware wondering what is this SSWT switch - but i cannot find any info about it - it is not present on solo's service manual images even.
We did not touch it (in case of some "magic smoke" :) occurrence)

Maybe You should try to repeat pairing sequence? - I'm unfortunately not an expert - but some thing may went wrong during Your last pairing sequence.

Did You try to contact tech support?
At last try like @jschall said above - to download logs from solo and post them - maybe there will be some informations that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela