Solo Gimbal Selfie mode issue?

Reaction score
so I was playing with my solo and I noticed something strange in selfie mode and submitted a ticket. Curious if anyone else have this issue.

While in selfie mode. you fly it out and fly back in. when you try to move the gimbal all the way down it wont go past 60 degrees and then the drone actually starts to get wobbly every time you try to move the gimbal down. Not sure if this is a glitch or the gimbal isn't suppose to go past 60 degrees after doing the filming. found this to be strange.

what kind of motors control our gimbals btw?

gimbal control is not available in smart shots except for cable and follow, then you have to enable free look
during selfie solo should be controlling the gimbal, forcing it out of whack my cause solo to try and change position to keep you in frame.,
you can change the distance and altitude in selfie if you want to change perspective

gimbal control is not available in smart shots except for cable and follow, then you have to enable free look
during selfie solo should be controlling the gimbal, forcing it out of whack my cause solo to try and change position to keep you in frame.,
you can change the distance and altitude in selfie if you want to change perspective
that's strange though, you would think they would lock you out all together instead of stopping it at 60degree and up. so your saying its sortve normal then?

I dunno never tried to move the gimbal in selfie. don't see a need to.
the android version has a little bug where you cant start it with the gimbal in any position other than straight ahead, If you try it just kicks up. You have to frame the selfie with gimbal at 0 degrees

I dunno never tried to move the gimbal in selfie. don't see a need to.
the android version has a little bug where you cant start it with the gimbal in any position other than straight ahead, If you try it just kicks up. You have to frame the selfie with gimbal at 0 degrees
but this most likely isn't a gimbal issue and all software right?

no I would not think so, to test don't put in a smart shot, just fly and see if it responds to presets on the controller, if it pitches up and down to control and performs well your fine

Reactions: tauzins
no I would not think so, to test don't put in a smart shot, just fly and see if it responds to presets on the controller, if it pitches up and down to control and performs well your fine
when I landed and relaunched and flew it was fine. so I thought it was mainly software.

using IOS or Android there is a way to get a lock on yourself, i remember reading it in the facebook 3dr group page, Vu reported it, I'm on a boat now but can't access Facebook - does anyone know how this is done?

basically just want the gimbal to stay on me as it plays through the selfie mode...

using IOS or Android there is a way to get a lock on yourself, i remember reading it in the facebook 3dr group page, Vu reported it, I'm on a boat now but can't access Facebook - does anyone know how this is done?

basically just want the gimbal to stay on me as it plays through the selfie mode...
Have you simply tried Selfie Mode? I would think your greater problem is having Solo arm on a boat.

nah check out my boat mode thread, got that sorted. Yes I am talking about selfie mode, it doesnt stay locked on "target" so once it leave ~10m I am no longer in view...this is on ios. There was a thread about pointing the gimbal at target and locking it but i cant find anything and we dont have fb on the vessel

so I was playing with my solo and I noticed something strange in selfie mode and submitted a ticket. Curious if anyone else have this issue.

While in selfie mode. you fly it out and fly back in. when you try to move the gimbal all the way down it wont go past 60 degrees and then the drone actually starts to get wobbly every time you try to move the gimbal down. Not sure if this is a glitch or the gimbal isn't suppose to go past 60 degrees after doing the filming. found this to be strange.

what kind of motors control our gimbals btw?
tauzins, if you need the solo to control the gimbal for a selfie shot, just set up your shot using the cable cam dont use selfie. Cable cam will register the gimble angle when you specify the waypoints.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421