Solo gimbal not pointing straing ahead

Reaction score
Put on the gimbal, updated the software, so far so good. Turn it on and now the gimbal will not point straight ahead. Is there a calibration adjustment somewhere?

Attachments

• Solo_Alignment.jpg
    Solo_Alignment.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 243
In a previous thread several days ago there was a reported issue similar to this. The OP was told by 3DR support to perform the stick calibration which he reported fixed the problem.

Stick cal procedures:

Attachments

• Solo guide to stick cal(Mac).pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 727
  • Solo guide to stick cal(Windows).pdf
    328.3 KB · Views: 1,010
In a previous thread several days ago there was a reported issue similar to this. The OP was told by 3DR support to perform the stick calibration which he reported fixed the problem.
Ok, thanks.I found that thread, but the procedure looks a little scary.

It's pretty easy. I did it a few days ago, just to do it. Connect a laptop to the Solo wifi and follow the steps. In my case I have a usb wireless device I plugged into my desktop and did it.

Hey Raybro. I've been flying successfully and extensively with the gimbal which I've had for about a week and a half now (there is a slight issue with it which is not serious but a 3DR tech support engineer has confirmed is not ideal so they will be replacing for me).

Today, while extensively testing an aggressive cable cam shot (at fastest cable cam speed and in fairly gusty wind conditions), I noticed the gimbal decided to not re-center itself following a battery change. Additionally, the bird developed some twitching while holding position, resulting in jello video. Don't know if the wind was to blame but I've had more stability in higher wind in the past.

I did the stick calibration a couple months ago - will do again tonight to see if it solves the gimbal alignment issue - easy to check even before flight.

I'll let you know.

[UPDATE] Just ran the sticks calibration and no love from the gimbal. It's not centering itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: MFMG
Hey Raybro. I've been flying successfully and extensively with the gimbal which I've had for about a week and a half now (there is a slight issue with it which is not serious but a 3DR tech support engineer has confirmed is not ideal so they will be replacing for me).

Today, while extensively testing an aggressive cable cam shot (at fastest cable cam speed and in fairly gusty wind conditions), I noticed the gimbal decided to not re-center itself following a battery change. Additionally, the bird developed some twitching while holding position, resulting in jello video. Don't know if the wind was to blame but I've had more stability in higher wind in the past.

I did the stick calibration a couple months ago - will do again tonight to see if it solves the gimbal alignment issue - easy to check even before flight.

I'll let you know.

[UPDATE] Just ran the sticks calibration and no love from the gimbal. It's not centering itself.
Well dang...I guess 3DR is sending a replacement?

When you do the stick calibration, does the gimbal do anything or re-calibrate itself?

Put on the gimbal, updated the software, so far so good. Turn it on and now the gimbal will not point straight ahead. Is there a calibration adjustment somewhere?
I have the same problem with mine. I performed the stick calibration and it did not fix the problem. I have a support ticket with 3DR and they are asking me to send them the copter and controller to calibrate it on their side.

I'll let you know.

Same problem here.

Hy guys, i want to know if some one fix your problem with the gimbal.
When i use the gopro i always look the landing gear on the camera and i want to move the gimbal a little bit to the rigth to fix that.
Does any body know how to fix?
thanks

My original gimbal was not pointing perfectly straight ahead. It was a couple degrees right. I never had trouble seeing the landing gear, but I've also got a Back-Bone Ribcage Air GoPro Hero 4 Black with a Peau Production 3.97mm lens. The viewing angle is less than a regular Hero 4 when shooting 4K Wide. I had other issues with my gimbal that led to 3DR replacing it for me. From what I found, the stick calibration didn't do anything to fix the issue and neither did anything else suggested by 3DR. In my opinion, there should be some kind of "trim" setting for the pan of the gimbal. If that was possible, it would eliminate a lot of the issues experienced by a lot of owners, including myself.

Same problem here. Mine is about 10 degrees to the right. Did the stick calibration and it didn't work. I can't believe there's no left to right manual trim. Also, mine won't respond to the 1 and 2 preset positions.

What about that screw on the front of the gimal? can it be loosened and then once pointed straight tightened?

Mine was the same after I installed it, turned out to be the hdmi cable..took the top cover off and reinstalled it no problems since

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc