Solo Gimbal FPV Mode?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new with Solo (here in Europe the solo is very hard to get)
I have much exp with pixhawk-based drones..
One question I have is, if its possible to set the gimbal into a FPV mode or similar ?

many thanks!

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you not getting a live feed on your tablet/phone?

I think by FPV mode, he means the gimbal stays locked to frame attitude. Lock the camera in place as if it was just attached to the frame with a fixed mount. You'd want this mode for true FPV piloting so you can see the aircraft's attitude (pitch and roll) and actual heading through the camera. Basically the opposite of what a gimbal is used for .

There certainly isn't any option in the controller or app for this. You would probably need to disconnect the gimbal's power and just use the HDMI output alone. And use some contraption to fix the gimbal straight and level. It might be easier to attach a 3rd party FPV camera to the frame.

Reactions: Flashy
I think by FPV mode, he means the gimbal stays locked to frame attitude. Lock the camera in place as if it was just attached to the frame with a fixed mount. You'd want this mode for true FPV piloting so you can see the aircraft's attitude (pitch and roll) and actual heading through the camera. Basically the opposite of what a gimbal is used for .

There certainly isn't any option in the controller or app for this. You would probably need to disconnect the gimbal's power and just use the HDMI output alone. And use some contraption to fix the gimbal straight and level. It might be easier to attach a 3rd party FPV camera to the frame.
Yeah, I'm sure that's what he is asking. Like you said, remove the gimbal power and then use the Gimbal block that came with the solo to fix it level to the frame. Then maybe put it in drift mode too.

it would not be hard to do though. The gimbal locks when I do a level calibration.

Why not just remove the gimbal and put the original stock fixed gopro mount back on? I mean, if you're gonna open it up to disconnect the gimbal power might as well just remove it and not worry about the foam block. They'd act the same anyway with no power to the gimbal (and foam block to hold it steady). You might get an extra minute or two of flight time too with the reduced weight. You'll definitely get more flight time with no power to the gimbal. That thing sucks up like 10-20% of flight time.

Why not just remove the gimbal and put the original stock fixed gopro mount back on?
Yes this is a option, but it would be great if I could flying make nice shots and then I change to drift, the gimbal lock automatic and I can flying around and have some fun.
Your right, if I plan a FPV flight day / session, then the stock frame is the right option..

Reactions: Acroduster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000